New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2004
    Is there a Good Chinese School(Elementary to High School) Near Shaw Blvd Mandaluyong City. Huwag naman po IKA or Xavier because it's too expensive. Thanks.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    I don't know of a Chinese School near Shaw Blvd., what level is you kid? If you are looking for a playschool that caters to 2 to 3 year old I could recommend, but if you are looking for a big school for education proper I recommend Saint Jude Catholic School in Manila, only 15 minutes drive from Shaw Blvd if no traffic. I'm a Mandaluyong City resident but send my child there instead of ICA-Xavier.

http://www.sjcs.edu.ph/
    Last edited by ans_lim168; January 3rd, 2011 at 12:38 PM.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Also try Jubilee Christian Academy located at Hemady corner 4th st. New Manila. www.jca.edu.ph
    Last edited by Zeus; January 3rd, 2011 at 12:41 PM.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ans_lim168 View Post
    I don't know of a Chinese School near Shaw Blvd., what level is you kid? If you are looking for a playschool that caters to 2 to 3 year old I could recommend, but if you are looking for a big school for education proper I recommend Saint Jude Catholic School in Manila, only 15 minutes drive from Shaw Blvd if no traffic. I'm a Mandaluyong City resident by send my child there instead of ICA-Xavier.
    di ba umaabot diyan yun school bus ng St. Jude?

*TS, kung sa St. Jude aral anak mo, babaguhin niyo schedule niyo, Thursday wala silang pasok pero Sat. meron.

saka damay kayo pag maraming rally sa Mendiola.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    di ba umaabot diyan yun school bus ng St. Jude?

*TS, kung sa St. Jude aral anak mo, babaguhin niyo schedule niyo, Thursday wala silang pasok pero Sat. meron.

saka damay kayo pag maraming rally sa Mendiola.
    There is school bus service that could fetch your child to and from the school. The only disadvantage of this is your child will be the first one to be picked up and last to be dropped off. I did use the school's bus service but only for 2 months, my son complained about the time he got home around 6pm, so I opted to fetch him to and from the school. It's not that far only problem if traffic, but there are lot's of alternative routes.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Philippine Chen Kuang High School. P.Parada cor. P. Guevarra.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Just an additional consideration I made why I let my child study at Saint Jude Catholic School:

1. The school is known for their discipline (study wise), although their standard is not the same when I was still a student there. (Batch 90).

2. Their Chinese lesson is way better than what Xavier - Ica could offer, no offense to the said school but my cousin who studied there could not compose a straight Chinese composition whereas in Saint Jude we are trained to make compositions as early as Grade 1 to HS IV.

3. They offer equal attention to both Chinese and English subjects.

4. One thing I noticed from Xavier students is they look highly at themselves to the point they would look at you differently when you study at other schools, (correct me if I'm wrong here)

*TS it really depends on what you really want for your child, just make a good decision coz after all the future of our child will depend on this.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Just an additional consideration I made why I let my child study at Saint Jude Catholic School:

1. The school is known for their discipline (study wise), although their standard is not the same when I was still a student there. (Batch 90).

2. Their Chinese lesson is way better than what Xavier - Ica could offer, no offense to the said school but my cousin who studied there could not compose a straight Chinese composition whereas in Saint Jude we are trained to make compositions as early as Grade 1 to HS IV.

3. They offer equal attention to both Chinese and English subjects.

4. One thing I noticed from Xavier students is they look highly at themselves to the point they would look at you differently when you study at other schools, (correct me if I'm wrong here)

*TS it really depends on what you really want for your child, just make a good decision coz after all the future of our child will depend on this.
    Sorry, but St. Jude studes are terrible English speakers, are Nerdy, and Baduy.

And Xavier dudes are secure enough NOT to look at others differently. Man For Others is the Ethos that they have. They are confident enough to mingle with the best people out there.

Xavier is the school of Choice these days for a very good reason. Inspite of its high tuition, the waitlist remains long.
    Last edited by marg; January 4th, 2011 at 09:32 AM.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    +1. But to be fair, 98% of tsinoys in the Philipppines speak hokkien. Unless you go overseas or find someone to practice your chinese medium/mandarin, sooner or later you'll forget it.

But Xavierians are known for their English skills.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by marg View Post
    Sorry, but St. Jude studes are terrible English speakers, are Nerdy, and Baduy.

And Xavier dudes are secure enough NOT to look at others differently. Man For Others is the Ethos that they have. They are confident enough to mingle with the best people out there.

Xavier is the school of Choice these days for a very good reason. Inspite of its high tuition, the waitlist remains long.
    I admit Judenites don't speak fluent English as Xaverians do, but given the right forum they can speak English and could express themselves properly. The Nerdy and Baduy stuff you said were typical trademarks of a Judenite from way back, but we let our achievements speak for themselves.

I don't have a problem with Xaverians expressing their confidence in public but sometimes the way they conduct themselves gives you somehow an idea on how the school trains their students. "What you sow is what you reap." After all it pays to eat humble pie once in a while. Peace.

The TS is looking out for a good Chinese School by that I assume he/she wanted a good Chinese education for his/her child. Xavier - ICA, Jubilee and Phil. Chen Kuang are no doubt good schools, the only thing is: Are the Chinese curriculum they offer "good quality" in return for our hard earned money? - That's all.
    Last edited by ans_lim168; January 4th, 2011 at 11:27 AM.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Good Chinese School Near Shaw Blvd Mandaluyong