New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 55 of 89 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Nagbago na isip namin, balak na lang namin bumili dito sa Pilipinas ng generator set, para mapakinabangan ang warranty.

Guys, ang silent type ba eh ilang decibels?

silent type na talaga bibilhin namin, budget is 60k. Need lang namin i power ang 3-4 electric fans, 3 Tv, and lights. Sa mga seller, please PM me. Thanks.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by lowslowbenz View Post
    Pretty much the same actually, on our part that is. The genset unit in our condo can power the common areas, elevators, water pumps, and for each unit a maximum of 3 CFL's, a fridge, and 2 electric fans. If you turn on a TV or aircon, a breaker switch will trip. You'd have to go down to maintenance and have it re-activiated again.

This is a DMCI condo, I hope it stays the same in the future. Laking ginhawa in times of crisis.
    In my place there's this double pole double throw switch behind the cupboard to switch in the generator supply. What i did because its toomuch hassle to remove the cupboard, i wired a 1min timer then 2parallel 30A AC relay, instant ATS ako. I did this because may aquarium ako dati, naka UPS naman ang life support pero 40mins lang cutout na.. So now everytime na bumabagyo, i just watch people drenched in water and flood, no electricity, while i watch movies in cold aircon room..

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by 12vdc View Post
    In my place there's this double pole double throw switch behind the cupboard to switch in the generator supply. What i did because its toomuch hassle to remove the cupboard, i wired a 1min timer then 2parallel 30A AC relay, instant ATS ako. I did this because may aquarium ako dati, naka UPS naman ang life support pero 40mins lang cutout na.. So now everytime na bumabagyo, i just watch people drenched in water and flood, no electricity, while i watch movies in cold aircon room..
    Pwede mahingi diagram and parts needed?
    Signature

4. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Descriptive diagram
    There are three pairs terminals
    Let's designate the left side LINE 1 and the right side LINE 2
    The top two terminals connects to the municipal power
    The middle two connects to your power distribution panel, this is the common pair
    The bottom two connects to your back up power or generator. Don't forget the ground wire, this is for safety and to limit if not stop surges every time a considerable load turn on.

Posted through phlpost.gov.ph

5. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    Pwede mahingi diagram and parts needed?
    Can't draw it no visio in my device, i will just make quick preview.

Parts:

- DIN rail mini
    - 40A CB for DIN rail mini
    - Relay socket DIN rail mount 2pcs
    - Relay 30A double/pole/throw contacts 220VAC or 12VDC coil
    - Timer (you could make this on 555 oscillator 12V out or there are ready made ref timer at ACE/Handyman 220V out P120 if im not mistaken)
    - Metal enclosure and appropriate gauge of wires

Re-wire the mains

-----|Panel|
    MEC Mains --------/ |Board|
    Relay--|Load |
    -----|Distr |
    Generetor out ----/ | |
    -----| |
    |
    |

Timer

Principle:
    - At Normal commercial power current pass thru the relay contacts A w/c is the normal de-energized position of the contacts
    - During power outage and Generator kicks in, timer T sets a predetermined time (RC timer pls research on this na lang when using LM555 timer), output of this timer energize the relay coil which then throws the generator output to Relay contact B where the load(circuit breaker panel box) is connected.
    - Wire the additional circuit breaker to the generator out as added safety.
    - install the assembled DIN rail inside metal enclosure then mount it near the distribution box. You could be creative how to make the lights of timer and relay so that it would be visible behind the box for ease of inspection.

Hindi ko afford yung Square D na ATS, parang presyong generator na rin kaya improvise na lang adjustable pa ang delay time ng swingover.
    Last edited by 12vdc; July 25th, 2014 at 07:59 PM.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    And yes, dont forget the earth ground, wire some with the enclosure. Even generetor sets have provision for grounding with the symbol E, Earth, GND,
    _|_
    ..--
    ...-

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Manual pa rin ang pag ON ng generator?

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App
    Signature

8. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    In the house it is. In the farm since its a poultry its automated the contractor supplied everything. The building has ATS but broken, utility guy just switch it manually. Starter battery needs to be always on trickle charge to make it automatic, so maintaining an automised backup generator is not as easy as install and forget, you need to warm it up, simulate backup, check fuel gauge bat, etc.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by jick.cejoco View Post
    Remember the blackout in NYC? Can't run gensets, can't burn for heat(happened winter), how to get up and down to your unit floor and can't use candles and to include water pressure problems.;(

Posted through phlpost.gov.ph
    Ang mamahal naman pala ng mga na yan.. we have 6.2kva gasoline Genset open type... 32k lang.. madami na din kami nabenta... so far isa palang nagka problema yung sa menor.. nag loose daw? Yung 3kva naman nasa 17k Lang...
    Ayan lang 6.2kva.. ginamit namin sa office nung Glenda.. 7-8 hours continous namin ginagamit not more than50 percent load.. naka aircon.. etc. steady naman ang voltage nya... parang wala nga din ako napapancin na shock Load... according sa kinuhaan namin sa china.. matibay daw ito... and so far maganda ang feedback sa customers... maingay nga lang...

10. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Meron kami padating ilan piraso lang 5kva... diesel open type...

and were also considering Mag pasok ng quality and Modern design na portable diesel genset na super silent... ber months ko ipapasok...

Generator sets