New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    nice input odell. i'm running on Shell Premium w/ better mileage formula, previously i just tank up with Total Unleaded. what i noticed is that very minimal na yung amoy gasolina, so it means it doesn't evaporate fast like the cheaper gas. also during acceleration, i can "feel" that the gas is more controllably burned. i'm sure that i'll get improvement in mileage, not that big, but still, its ai improvement.

after my carb is better sealed and better tuned... definitely mas tataas pa ang km/L ratio ko.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    just learn to plan & reduce car use on your normal day;
    *pag time for marketing/grocery find the nearest place
    *going to office take public transport
    *going to church take public transport
    *spend less time on family outings, i.e. malls, beach, dine-outs, etc.
    *emergency errands seldom happens
    *anticipate gas dealers increase date & stock on gas in barrels complete with portable pump device; do think safety keeping the barrel lid closed tight. mahirap na..
    *limit gimmick times.
    *toe the line if it involves "pahiram muna" pleadings; some guys just dont understand tight budgetings..

3. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    As of september 28 2004 news, our forex has depreciated to 56.45 to the dollar, and crude oil has gone up to $50! So how much would our gas and diesel prices end up? Unleaded at 35, 40? Diesel at 30? So what will happen next? Bicycles, anyone?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    well, electric golf carts maybe.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    no one can really say.

but, it seems that Filipinos can still afford it since I still see a lot of cars with only one passenger in it.

the best alternative is to use mass transportation or by car pooling to ensure the maximization of the use of vehicles. this way, we ease up traffic congestion and thereby improving our fuel consumption.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Given the big number of Ford Expeditions, F150, E150 and other big displacement gasoline powered engine vehicles on the road, I think gas prices hasn't hit the "ouch" level yet.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; September 29th, 2004 at 06:09 PM.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    yup that's right. and with the advent of 3.0 liter cars here, i think filipinos can still afford the rising oil prices.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Article written by AMB. ERNESTO MACEDA in Daily Tribune Newspaper

The cat is out of the bag. President Arroyo has said many times before that since the oil industry is deregulated, she has no control over oil and gasoline prices.

But at a Malaca񡮧 press briefing, no less than Mrs. Arroyo announced that she has agreed to allow one ?last oil increase for the year.?

This in spite of Consumer Price Watch headed by Raul Concepcion talking out paid advertisements saying the oil companies are overcharging and should have rolled back their prices weeks ago.

And with the prices of crude oil skidding down $8 from $55.47 a barrel to $47 yesterday, the rollback is long overdue.

Mrs. Arroyo cannot base her sympathetic attitude toward the oil companies on the fiscal crisis. On the contrary, the government, with the Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP), Department of Interior and Local Government and the Department of Public Works and Highways leading the way, is the major consumer of oil products. Every price increase negates cost-cutting savings.

What is disturbing is the fact that Lourdes Tuazon Arroyo Inc. (LTA) and other relatives of the First Gentleman are major stockholders of Shell Philippines Inc. Isn't there a conflict of interest here? :seeth:

Wala kayong awa!

I highly doubt that there will be a rollback or if there is one it would be minimal (a couple of centavos maybe?) cuz all the major oil players are still "covering for their losses". BS!!!

10. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Originally posted by hytan

What is disturbing is the fact that Lourdes Tuazon Arroyo Inc. (LTA) and other relatives of the First Gentleman are major stockholders of Shell Philippines Inc. Isn't there a conflict of interest here? :seeth:

eh anak ng tipaklong naman pala eh! :swear:

Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Fuel Price Increase [Merged]