New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 18242526272829 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    The increase in fuel prices only adds 40 pesos to my full tank so wala masyado impact right now. As long as hindi maging 50 pesos per liter na naman. And i switched to a Jazz kaya once a month na lang ako nagpapagas when i used to make two visits with a 65 liter tank car. Yun jazz 42 liter lang fuel capacity =)

2. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    aw! tataas na naman pamasahe at bilihin! $80 na per barrel! abot kaya ng 90 yan this year?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by seonadancing View Post
    The increase in fuel prices only adds 40 pesos to my full tank so wala masyado impact right now. As long as hindi maging 50 pesos per liter na naman. And i switched to a Jazz kaya once a month na lang ako nagpapagas when i used to make two visits with a 65 liter tank car. Yun jazz 42 liter lang fuel capacity =)
    P40 more per full tank.

Assuming you fill up once a week, that is equal to P2000 a year additional fuel cost by that one increase. And more price increases looming.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Yeah if the USD continues to fall then investors will continue to find places to safeguard their wealth, oil is an option for that. Pero kung demand-supply lang naman for me $85 is equilibrium...

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Buti na lang full-tank ako ngayon. :dance1:

Pero minsan nakakainis din eh, pag magbababa sila, 25c pero kapag magtataas, P1, P2.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Yeah if the USD continues to fall then investors will continue to find places to safeguard their wealth, oil is an option for that. Pero kung demand-supply lang naman for me $85 is equilibrium...
    ouch! its either you earn more or ride a bike to work....

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    [SIZE="4"]Oil price at almost US$82 per barrel.[/SIZE]

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    2 oil firms to comply with Arroyo freeze order on oil prices
    http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/nation/10...der-oil-prices
    MANILA - Only 2 oil firms on Sunday have so far announced it will comply with the directive of President Arroyo to revert and then freeze pump prices to October 15 levels due to the state of emergency in Luzon while another said it is still considering its legal options.

Independent oil players Unioil Petroleum Philippines Inc. and Flying V said they will reduce pump prices of petroleum products by P2 per liter for diesel and P1.25 per liter for gasoline.

Unioil said it will roll back prices effective 12:01 a.m. Monday. Flying V however has yet to announce the schedule of its price reductions.
    price controls

President Arroyo signed Executive Order (EO) 839 Friday directing oil companies to “retain the level of the retail price of petroleum products prevailing on October 15, 2009, which was one week after the last landfall of typhoon ‘Pepeng.’”

The price freeze was made, according to Arroyo’s EO: “to respond immediately to the clamor of the Filipino people to prevent unreasonable increase in the prices of petroleum products during a state of calamity.”

Presidential spokesperson for economic affairs Gary Olivar, in a text message Sunday, said, Malacañang “wants to mitigate the hardships caused by the recent calamities by temporarily freezing oil prices, the same as other basic commodities under price ceilings in force.”

Since the declaration of the state of calamity last month, government has imposed price controls on basic goods but petroleum products were not included. Despite “Pepeng” and “Ondoy's” devastation, several oil companies raised pump prices citing increasing international prices but also prompting public protests and criticisms.

The order has already been made effective after it was published in a broadsheet Saturday
    Last edited by uls; October 26th, 2009 at 11:37 AM.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Taken from: http://www.gmanews.tv/story/176343/o...ar-strengthens

SINGAPORE — Oil prices dipped below $80 a barrel Thursday in Asia as the US dollar strengthened.

Benchmark crude for December delivery was down 60 cents to $79.80 a barrel at midday Singapore time in electronic trading on the New York Mercantile Exchange. The contract added 80 cents to settle at $80.40 on Wednesday.

Crude has traded near $80 a barrel for the last few weeks as investors watch a volatile dollar and mixed signs on the strength of the US economy. Oil has jumped from $32 in December as traders have used crude and other commodities as a hedge against a weakening dollar and inflation.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    as long as oil price stays above $75, there is upside momentum for oil price

Fuel Price Increase [Merged]