New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by empy View Post
    meron bang pinoy na top race car driver....at any level?

just wondering
    correct me if im wrong, pero pagkakaalam ko sa current crop of racing drivers natin wala pa. i think hangang asian F3 lang. whatever happened to that guy who was supposed to join the V8 supercars in australia?

i think natakot si button sa lack of discipline ng mga drivers dito sa pinas. being an f1 driver traveling at 250-300 kmh is irrelevant as all drivers in f1 drives at the same speed. tsaka alam naman ata nya na disiplinado yun other f1 drivers to not make reckless moves at those fast speeds.

hindi kaya pag may nakapasok na pinoy sa f1 panay black flag ang makuha nya sa pangigitgit at pag cut nya ng iba mga kotse sa track?

2. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Yan ang epekto ng PISTON, FEJODAP and IMBOA :bwahaha:

3. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Eh sino naman magddrive sa bako bakong daan sa pinas???? Eh kung tayo nga nagrereklamo si Jenson pa. Hehehe

Kaya nga dapat may pinoy na mag represent sa F1. World class yata ang pinoy pag dating sa racing. Anybody heard of Dodjie Laurel?

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    hehehe onli in da pilipins

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Here in MM, we dont drive... we aim.

We point our cars to where we wana go and step on the gas.

We bluff other motorists to get out of our way.

But other motorists also bluff us to get out of their way.

So driving in MM is like poker.

Kaya pala most motorists have poker face haha

Rules? Naaaah.

Traffic rules are more like suggestions.

Red light -- the law suggests that u stop... suggestion lang...

6. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by mikaztro View Post
    Eh sino naman magddrive sa bako bakong daan sa pinas???? Eh kung tayo nga nagrereklamo si Jenson pa. Hehehe

Kaya nga dapat may pinoy na mag represent sa F1. World class yata ang pinoy pag dating sa racing. Anybody heard of Dodjie Laurel?
    dodhie laurel? correct me if im wrong but sya ba yun nagcompete sa macau? did he win?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by devdevlin View Post
    dodhie laurel? correct me if im wrong but sya ba yun nagcompete sa macau? did he win?
    Yes...Grandprix Macau. Arsenio DODJIE Laurel. The brother of former Vice-Pres. Doy Laurel. Dodjie Laurel won 2 consecutive editions of the Macau Grand Prix in 1965 and 1966. Laurel's career was cut short when he died in an accident during the 1967 Macau Grand Prix. Dodjie Laurel may be an illustrious unknown to many, but Macau Grand Prix fans know that his name has been forever linked to the local races since he became the grand prix's first fatal victim. In 1967 when Arsenio DODJIE Laurel was driving a lotus 41 bearing the number 32 ,he coudn't get round the curve of the clube nautico now the (hotel mandarin). His car ended into a public street lamp, overturned and caught fire immediately, leading to the death of Laurel who was unable to free himself from the wreck.

ref: Dexter D.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345