New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    Kung anak ko yan, magagalit pa sa akin yun pag nresbakan ko...

Yung tatay naman kasi kung ayaw masaktan yung anak, bigyan nalang ng xbox o ps yan at sa bahay nalang maglalagi..ipapasok mo sa pisikal na laro tapos nawawala ka sa sarili pag na dadampian yung anak mo...

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Updates:::::::

The Football Spectator speaks out
    Wednesday, March 19, 2014

THE pictures of Sun.Star Cebu photojournalist Allan Cuizon caught the story. Even with little text, the pictures of an adult beating a goalie who was headlocking another player told a sidelight of the match between Sacred Heart School-Ateneo de Cebu and Alcoy FC during the16th Aboitiz Football Cup last Sunday.

The sidelight became the story.

The adult got an opinion-flogging for his action since Sun.Star Cebu ran the photos Monday and Superbalita, Tuesday. Sun.Star Cebu posted a photo sequence of the violence on Facebook. The post has 1,911 shares as I write.

There was little sympathy for the adult, who was not a parent to either player. He was a spectator whose son plays for SHS-AdC and was playing in the match. The spectator's name is Enrico Mongaya, a 41-year-old father of two. He is with the customs police.

I haven't met him but I got his mobile number from sources. A friend who has talked to him a few times was taken aback upon learning what Enrico did. She said he never came across as brusque.

Enrico and I exchanged text messages as I asked for his side. I do not condone what he did but I found some comments unfair to him. Many of those who gave unfair comments were not there when it happened.

He begged off last Tuesday from giving public statements as he was still consulting a lawyer. We would have met in person yesterday but he reconsidered. A written statement would better put his thoughts in order, he said.

His lawyer, Ram Villagonzalo, emailed me Enrico's brief statement yesterday afternoon.

Over the phone last night, I ran the statement through with Enrico. He had never spoken to the media and he was all jittery.

He said in his statement that "neither did he desire nor feel happy" about what happened and that he is "exerting all efforts for reconciliation."

As a father whose son plays a high-contact sport, he knows how football is played and how a heated match can escalate into a frenzy. Many times he has watched his son play.

When he saw JM Kwan, his son's teammate and a godson, being "headlocked/choked" by Alcoy FC's goalie Rodenel Binolirao Jr., a player bigger than Kwan, he ran to Kwan's rescue "preventing further harm or eventual death of JM," Enrico said.

It was not his son involved but he did what a parent would do: save the kid. It was instinctive and in the heat of the scuffle, things turned violent.

That he is open to a "reconciliation" with the parties involved indicates he is sorry for what happened. He is a parent and wouldn't want to see his son in either position: being headlocked or being banged on the head by someone else's father.

A parent of the SHS-AdC team who watched the game and saw what happened came to the defense of Enrico.

"Of course many skeptics would think that the means employed by the godparent was uncalled for but we also remember that the incident happened so fast that the godparent did not have time to reflect on his actions as all he had in that instance was the sight of his godson in terrible danger," the unnamed parent said in a text message.

In Enrico's hand that he used to hit goalie Binolirao was a black solid object that had something pointed or bladed protruding from it. Binolirao's head bled from the blows.

"In conclusion it is always the parents' instincts to save their children in danger and the attacker should always bear the consequences of his acts.

I believe no parent would want to see their children being punched or choked down to the floor," the parent said.

The Cebu Football Association (CFA) has meted out sanctions against certain players of both teams but it will review the pictures before it decides on the fate of spectator Enrico.

Published in the Sun.Star Cebu newspaper on March 20, 2014.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Hope this closes this incident and will teach them an important lesson...

https://ph.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/th...065240609.html

Sanctions meted in Cebu football melee, plus how we can move on
    By Bob Guerrero | The Passionate Fan – 21 hours ago

By now you've probably heard the news that the Aboitiz Cup U18 match in Cebu between Alcoy and Sacred Heart- Ateneo de Cebu was abandoned the other day after at least two on-field brawls. It was first reported by SunStar Cebu. There have been some excellent photographs of the fracas on the SunStar Cebu Facebook site, including one of a spectator, supposedly a parent, trying to attack a player who was entangled with another Footballer. Just scroll to the right to see all the pics.

On Wednesday the Cebu Football Association handed down their punishments to the erring parties, and it was not light.

According to the Twitter feed of Mike Limpag (*mikelimpag) of the SunStar, five players from Alcoy were suspended from any organized play for six months, while four Ateneo booters were given the same punishment. Both coaches were also banned for half a year. Both teams have been kicked out of the tournament. It also appears that a spectator, identified as Enrico Mongaya, presumably the one who came on to the field, will face sanctions too. Props to the CFA for a quick and forceful decision.

Violent incidents are not new to Pinoy football. In the UAAP Season 76 a female football player, whose team and identity I will choose to withhold, was given a very long suspension for hurling stones at main referee Edgardo Refuerzo. How does a player get such rocks on an artificial pitch like the one the match was played on? Well, first she gets sent off, giving her the time and opportunity to collect the ammo. Then she returns to the pitch to pelt the official with the rocks.

Last year we saw Elle Cagayanan drop-kick, WWE-style, to Dario Dakic during a Kaya- Green Archers melee. Stallion and Air Force also brawled in the UFL Cup last year.

The Cebu incident is unique because it involves spectators, and apparently, at least one parent of one of the players.
    RELATED: Aboitiz condemns violence in Cebu U18 Football match.

Football, and all sports, are, in my opinion, simply more sanitized and socially acceptable means of releasing the aggressive tendencies that have been hardwired into us through millennia of evolution. We all have the innate capability to hurt others physically, and the tribalistic nature of sport doesn't help.

Fervent fans of any team will always be a source of trouble. Rabid fans of a team who happen to be the flesh and blood of one of the players can serve as a powder keg that can explode at any time.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    yeah, save this kid by using a weapon to beat up a 16yo kid half his size.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    "Of course many skeptics would think that the means employed by the godparent was uncalled for but we also remember that the incident happened so fast that the godparent did not have time to reflect on his actions as all he had in that instance was the sight of his godson in terrible danger," the unnamed parent said in a text message.
    Drama ang bugok. Eh di awatin mo! Wag yung pag babayohin mo ng blunt object ang ulo ng kalaban ng inaanak mo.
    Last edited by ClaNker; March 20th, 2014 at 05:07 PM.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ClaNker View Post
    Drama ang bugok. Eh di awatin mo! Wag yung pag babayohin mo ng blunt object ang ulo ng kalaban ng inaanak mo.
    Yup.

I've had to break up serious fights before. And breaking up a fight does not involve hitting the participants.

Mas believable pa yung story if he had tackled the kid and accidentally head-butted him while taking him down.

Me? I've actually caused worse injuries when stopping fights. I once dislocated someone's arm by yanking them off their feet during an altercation.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Breaking up a fight...daw.

BOC to probe customs police in Cebu football brawl

BOC to probe customs police in Cebu football brawl
    BY RAPPLER.COM
    POSTED ON 03/21/2014 6:11 PM | UPDATED 03/21/2014 6:44 PM

MANILA, Philippines – Pictures tell a thousand words, but in the case of pictures taken of a bloody brawl during a recent football match in Cebu City, they only tell half of the story.

That, at least, is according to Enrico Mongaya, a Bureau of Customs (BOC) police officer caught apparently "stabbing" the neck of Alcoy FC goalie Rodenel Bolinario with a key. The altercation happened during a match between Ateneo de Cebu and Alcoy FC.

According Charlo Logarta-Lagamon from the BOC Public Information and Assistance Division, Mongaya is from the BOC's Enforcement and Security Service (ESS). Mongaya has already spoken to his superior from the ESS, added Logarta.

Mongaya, through his brother, told Logarta that he wasn't joining the fight, but was merely trying to break it up. Still, the ESS headed by Director Willie Tolentino will conduct a probe into the incident.

Mongaya said he is willing to cooperate with BOC authorities and will send a letter further explaining his side of the story.

The incident, which happened during the 16th Aboitiz Football Cup in Cebu City, caught the public's attention after photos snapped by SunStar photographer Allan Cuizon went viral online.

The Cebu Football Association has since disqualified both teams from the tournament while suspending 9 players – 4 from Ateneo de Cebu and 5 from Alcoy FC – for 6 months after "failing miserably to prevent the melee from happening."

The Philippine Football Association, meanwhile, backed the CFA's decision and condemned the brawl. – with reports from Bea Cupin and Myke Miravite, Rappler.com

8. Join Date
    May 2012
    ano ba talaga koya? mag stick ka nalang sa isang story!

9. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    hoootaena football sa indonesia. 174dead sa walang kwentang fanaticism. Ako dati part din ako ganyan pero more of asaran. Kasi ako im not a fanactic ng tao , yung inflesh magpautograph or papicture never ko ginawa yan. Hindi nga ako nanunuod ng concert eh.

Ito pandemic natuto na ako hindi manuod ng nba. Nagshift na naging new normal na. There are better hobbies to do.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    The question that needs to be answered is why the police used tear gas when FIFA had already banned it inside football stadia years ago.

The pitch invasion is what started the fracas but most of the dead were from the crush and stampede at exit 10. Looking at it from that point of view, the design of the stadium and the overcrowding were two factors which contributed to the bloated number of dead. Hooliganism was already expected (hence, the polisi in riot gear).

A friend of mine who is from East Java told me the number of dead could well have been over 200, just because there was so much chaos in the stadium and that burial rites had to be arranged as soon as possible as per Islamic custom.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123