New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by hein View Post
    PINOYS are always ready. We have the BAHALA NA attitude.
    which by the way, was derived from "Bathala na" reflecting the religiousity of Pinoys.

Me and my family are also in Canada now pero dami relatives and friends left in the Phils. Remember that wherever we are, calamities can strike, may it be civil unrests or natural disasters.

I believe newer high-rise buildings are much safer since they are engineered based on structural codes and simulated based on earthquake ground motions during their design stage. Those resting on soft ground are usually PILED to hard strata or hardrock (adobe). Or even undesirable soil foundation are REPLACED with engineered fill. Pag tinipid ito, nandoon ang problems of settlement and liquefaction.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    we are not prepared for this level of catastrophe. . .hell, even japan wasn't, or wasn't prepared enough

if the same thing happens in the philippines, it will bring out the best and the worst among the filipino people

3. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post
    Nobody is prepared enough for the Big One....

12.6K:bike3:
    I agree

Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    it's a given we are not prepared, who does? Japan nga supposedly the most prepared nation for earthquakes and tsunami tingnan mo nangyari.

tingnan mo si tidus, Canadian passport niya ang magliligtas sa kanya, pag nabaon siya sa rubble gagamitin niya Canadian passport niya panghukay palabas. pag may tsunami naman pwede surfboard well made kasi ang Canadian passport eh.
    lols!

Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    Dito sa atin, if the earthquake or tsunami doesn't kill you, looters will.

I'm buying more ammo.
    sounds like a good advice

4. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Malakas yung sa Masbate, 6.0 quake.

Sana lang talaga mga high-rise buildings sa MM at GMA eh kakayanin kahit 7.0+

5. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Usapan na naman itong Valley Fault Line that runs through MM

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by 111prez View Post
    for a time,
    real estate prices were affected.
    then, prices went back to normal, after the memory faded away.

no,
    no one and no government, can ever be prepared for
    The Big One.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Mancom meeting namin kanina. Damay kasi buong Pilipinnas if GMA/MM is paralyzed.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    This thread brings back memories of the 1990 quake and I was at the 6th floor of a building in Makati.

Nothing you can do when the building starts shaking side to side, up and down, and you just pray and hope it will be quick.

I don't want to ever ever relive that moment.

P.S. Some days after, one of the, errrr large sized senior secretaries, thanked me kasi I was able to carry her all the way down daw and using the steps at that. Deym, I don't even remember that I did that

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Recently the site admin suggested to buy hard hats for the employees. I jokingly told her that the buildings here in BGC are built to withstand 7 magnitude earthquakes. If it goes beyond that and we happened to be inside the building, no hard hats can save our a$$es. [emoji28]

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tsikot Forums mobile app

10. Join Date
    Sep 2020
    This thread brings back memories of the 1990 quake and I was at the 6th floor of a building in Makati.

Nothing you can do when the building starts shaking side to side, up and down, and you just pray and hope it will be quick.

I don't want to ever ever relive that moment.

P.S. Some days after, one of the, errrr large sized senior secretaries, thanked me kasi I was able to carry her all the way down daw and using the steps at that. Deym, I don't even remember that I did that
    meron nga ako professor nung college mga 70+ years old na pero nung lumindol daig pa teenagers sa pagtakbo[emoji3091]

Sent from my SM-S906E using Tsikot Forums mobile app

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Are Filipinos prepared for the Big One(earthquake)?