New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
    Way off topic na. This thread was originally about the abrupt stoppage of processing of workers visas, pero napunta kay Hitler, racial discrimation, Ku Klux Klan, etc.

To the threadstarter: I suggest you create another thread to better suit what you're trying to expound.

With all due respect sir, I suggest you read first my posts carefully sir.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Manila Times, Sunday, August 05, 2007
    Huge Korean presence hardly benefits Pinoys
    [SIZE=2]By Rene Q. Bas [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]ONE of the closest friends of the Philippines in the post-Second World War period, Korea—Chosun, Land of the Morning Calm–has become the object of love-hate sentiments among Filipinos, who see Korean residents here as loud, noisy and overbearing people. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Primarily this is because, just in the last two years, it suddenly seemed to Filipinos that their communities and neighbor-hoods have been “invaded” by hordes of Korean residents. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]They complain that small Filipino businesses were facing competition from similar-sized but better-financed Korean companies.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]They complain that some of these Korean firms were opening successful restaurants and taverns with “For Koreans only” signs. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]The Filipinos saw that the vastly increased population of tourists from Korea were not adding income to Filipino tour-operators and travel agencies because the Koreans only went to Korean-owned establishments. Even in Boracay, which some complain to have become an almost exclusively Korean preserve, the most successful restaurants and watering-holes are Korean. They have taken away business from Filipino entrepreneurs. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]The conclusion, which could very well be true, is that the huge Korean presence in the Philippines hardly benefits the Filipinos. This damning opinion does not include the Philippine benefit from Korean large-scale industrial investments here but only refers to SMEs. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]One direct proof of the harm the Korean presence has done is in the tit-for-tat between the immigration bureau and the Korean Embassy, resulting from the alleged extortion activities of BI personnel against overstaying or illegally operating Korean businessmen here. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]What the Koream Embassy did was stop the issuance of visas to OFWs bound for Korea. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Yet the government’s tourism department loves “the Korean invasion.”[/SIZE]

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Hmmm. It seems the Koreans in the Philippines are following the same model many Japanese establishments are using.... letting only their kind inside. I saw the same thing with many Japanese bars when I visited Japan where no foreigners are allowed inside including Pinoys..

It's especially distasteful that these Koreans are practicing it in Philippine soil. It's also shameful the Philippine government allows such practice to go on.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    mahigpit pa rin ang issuance ng visa papunta Korea sa mga Pinoy......pero grabe pa rin ang dagsa ng Koreans dito........

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
Filipinos in HK hit Korean retaliation