New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Browsing through the tsikot.com forums, I'm sure you'll find that otherwise sensible people will occasionally things they don't necessarily mean, just to prove a point.

And Senator Santiago, for all her intelligence, is no exception; a group of young Filipino-Chinese professionals said so when they decided to forgive her for her controversial statement.
    Last edited by Bogeyman; October 4th, 2007 at 01:37 PM.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    that's it! i just deleted all my naked teri hatcher photos from my collection.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    oa naman! masyado naman balat sibuyas

4. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by wren View Post
    that's it! i just deleted all my naked teri hatcher photos from my collection.

OSHI major prunes

:hysterical:

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sus! There is some truth in what in the DH dialogue. What's the big fuss? There has been numerous scandals involving the nursing board exam, fly-by-night schools, diploma mills, even with the Dept of Education itself. So it all goes back to the people in the govt who are tarnishing the reputation of the country's education system. Dapat sila ang nirereklamo ng mga tao.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    It's just plain ridiculous.

I'd be offended, maybe, if I didn't belong to a family that owns a medical school, and if I didn't know the truth.

While there are a great number of good schools here, there are zillions of "fly-by-night" schools, for medicine before, then for PT, and now for Nursing.

That, plus the "Recto" effect, makes any documentation from the Philippines suspect.

Do you know that there was a time when some state boards wanted us to consider our 85s as 75s? Mababa daw kasi yung quality ng students... so they had to find extra ways to cull the applicants... some smaller schools were giving these students straight A's (95-100 on each subject) even if they weren't qualified.

And when my Mom was in charge of the Health Science Colleges, she'd receive phone calls every week from people who wanted to confirm with her, in person, that XXXXX had graduated from our school. Simply because when they tried to confirm the fake transcript, they were getting fake mail back confirming the transcript (ang galing nila, no?)

Yes, it's an unfortunate slight, but it reflects how poorly regulated we were, at one point, and how chaotic the situation is now (with regards to nursing).

Besides... Teri Hatcher's character is DH's "foot-in-her-mouth" character. She's the one who's always doing stupid things. If the people who are reacting so violently would actually watch the show, they'd know that.

It's them damn Canadians, ey? They're so cool with being joked about that the American writers forget that some other people might be more sensitive, ey? Shame, ey? :hysterical:

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    what is disturbing and offending is that people watch the show! id be offended if the words came from the oprah, dr. phil, a politician, or a horse' ass.

i do not get all the over reaction going on. sadly, this will just get more people to watch the show.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    yep... like what i said. free publicity lang para sa show so sila pa ang nag gain! o baka naman talagang sinadya nila kasi alam nilang mag rereact ang mga balat sibuyas na pinoys? hehehe

9. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Besides... Teri Hatcher's character is DH's "foot-in-her-mouth" character. She's the one who's always doing stupid things.
    Oh yeah, forgot about this one. She was simply being in character, after all.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    too much TV......

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
Filipinos Denigrated on ABC's Desperate Housewives