New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Uhh, American tv shows makes fun of everything, even Jesus and religion . ambabaw para pansinin pa yan....

Think about it, they need filipino doctors and nurses more than the philippines can provide and the demand is still rising. sila nga ang nangangailangan eh, galingan niyo na lang magtrabaho para ala na sila masabi hehe.
    Last edited by Negus; October 3rd, 2007 at 09:17 AM.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    napanood ko yung clip sa mga morning shows kanina.. degrading nga yung dialogue ni teri hatcher.. imo, it's a shallow joke that somewhat reflects what is happening right now in our educational system.. maybe, some filipinos got offended because there is a certain truth in it ..

3. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    It was a little deragatory for our professionals, all right, Teri Hatcher should be spanked... but when I watched it (clip) for the second time, I just find the attempt for wit and humor quite pathetic. Far worse jokes are being made to other nationalities. I will let this go for now.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Not that I'm condoning what was said but, c'mon fellas. It's a drama soap on American TV. Even Jay Leno poked fun at the Philippines when GMA withdrew our troops from Iraq so that a Filipino worker taken hostage could be released. If there's anyone to blame, blame the writers of the show for bad taste.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Balat sibuyas nanaman... I guess all the other stereotypical jokes made in local TV against foreigners are OK then, right?

Oh yeah, Pinoys NEVER fake their credentials to go abroad... The bunch of deported "professionals" here in Sing for fake diplomas are just propagandas against OFWs...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    jusko para yun lang pero natatawa tayo pag pinagtitripan ang ibang bansa. wala yan.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Wasn't really bothered by their witless attempt at humor... but a thought hit me when I visited this thread again.

What if because of that line, thousands (or millions) of viewers who are clueless or normally indifferent actually start to develop a bias against our medical professionals....?

Something along the lines of....

"Desperate Housewives aired something about Filipino doctors, there must be something wrong with them."

Tsk, tsk...

8. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    hindi kaya si malu fernandez ang nagsulat ng script na yun?!

9. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    I'm insulted boycott starbucks, mcdees, kfc etc etc etc

:fly:

edit f*ck except coke :hysterical:

10. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Canada gets to be the butt of jokes much of the time, yet they just shrug it off.

Apart from the nursing scandal context, it's just one of those obligatory "let's-make-fun-of-some-country-just-for-the-heck-of-it" lines. You can easily take 'the Philippines' out of the dialogue and substitute 'Tijuana' instead. Or 'Bangkok'. Or 'Colombia'.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Filipinos Denigrated on ABC's Desperate Housewives