New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    I know you heard it or watched it. It is about Susan(Teri Hatcher)disciminatory remark last September 30th on Desperate Housewives TV show:"Can I just check those diplomas because I just want to make sure that they are not from some med school in the Philippines."
    and it's time to do something.The link is http://www.petitiononline.com/FilABC/
    Thank you.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    I think ABC has already issued a public apology. And they also had removed the controversial segment from the latest run of the episode.

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    and maybe this topic should be moved or removed from this section.. heheheh

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    on a serious note.

as a "filipino-american", i'm more offended by the petition starter's action than anything the Desperate Housewives scriptwriters have come up with. this garbage petition is not going to get "justice" for the filipino medical profession. on the contrary, all it serves is for the world to see pinoys as a bunch of no-humor whiny crybabies.

i'm more embarrassed by the actions of Kevin Nadal and his bunch of fools, by far. if you're a filipino medical professional and you're outraged by a little comment on some sitcom, then you have self-esteem issues that no petition can give you.

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by empy View Post
    on a serious note.

as a "filipino-american", i'm more offended by the petition starter's action than anything the Desperate Housewives scriptwriters have come up with. this garbage petition is not going to get "justice" for the filipino medical profession. on the contrary, all it serves is for the world to see pinoys as a bunch of no-humor whiny crybabies.

i'm more embarrassed by the actions of Kevin Nadal and his bunch of fools, by far. if you're a filipino medical professional and you're outraged by a little comment on some sitcom, then you have self-esteem issues that no petition can give you.
    +1 here...

i squirmed when i saw the footages in the news about the rally they had in front of the ABC (?) office in NY. mas nakakahiya di ba?

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    i was watching a travel documentary on Nepal last week . it was aired on GMA7 with a pair of comedians as hosts.

they were also making fun of Nepali food and people.

and how often do we hear a "Bumbay" joke on our local TV Sitcoms and Lunchtime shows ???

7. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by claRkEnt View Post
    +1 here...

i squirmed when i saw the footages in the news about the rally they had in front of the ABC (?) office in NY. mas nakakahiya di ba?
    ibagsak! iboykot ang ABC... isama na pati XYZ!!!

8. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by empy View Post
    on a serious note.

+1

akala kasi ng mga tao eh inaapi na sila and it's just a freaking tv show napaka balat sibuyas talaga. that group is nothing but a bunch of attention whores

9. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    and one more thing..

filpinos tend to "sawsaw" on certain issues but this time it's not that big of a deal anyway.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by HyBrideVo View Post
    and one more thing..

filpinos tend to "sawsaw" on certain issues but this time it's not that big of a deal anyway.
    Tama ka diyan. Malamang kalahati nung nagreklamo hindi naman nanonood ng Desperate Housewives. Masulatan nga yang Nadal na yan.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast
Filipinos Denigrated on ABC's Desperate Housewives