New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    I get your points, guys. Thank you for sharing your views. I was actually looking forward to having this small discussion about the whole thing, but nobody seemed to bother. That's why I put that *ahem* controversial question before reiterating my point.

Still, I maintain my stand that something should be done to let ABC know that they should not put anything irresponsible like that into their primetime programming.

Although that action should not be something as drastic as the government calling for an apology or having a rally in front of ABC (I just read it now. They really did that?). Maybe a politically-correct petition letter would have sufficed. Pero alam mo naman kasi ang media. Most of the time they blow up things out of proportion, and the politicians ride the wave to beef up their image. Ah well...

2. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    magagalit lang ako kung yun lola na babysitter nun kambal ang nagsabi nyan, pero kung si teri hatcher nope

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i wanted to post on that idiotic petition to let these morons know what i think about their little stunt...and to let them know they certainly don't speak for me (and many many other pinoys/pinoy americans)

but there is no way to post on the petition without adding to the number of votes :seeth:

4. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    The one thing that can come out of this is, Americans will become more aware of Filipino medical workers working in the mainland. And our countrymen will also become more conscious -- and more proud -- of the work they do. They will raise their standards even more, so that other nationals will not find fault with their profession.

The thing is, if people are going to stand against DH's comment, then they might as well stand against every cultural punchline prevalent in the country, such as those involving ethnic minorities, Chinese nationals and Indian expats.

What Filipinos here and abroad should learn to do, is to choose their battles wisely. There are far more imortant issues and concerns that are worthy of our collective indignation as a country. The JPEPA, for example, which entails the dumping of Japan's toxic waste on Philippine soil. Now, isn't that infinitely more insulting than a brief line from some TV show?

5. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    well, to those who want to write a complaint against that *$$hole Kevin Nadal he's on friendster http://profiles.friendster.com/231538 my space http://www.myspace.com/kevinnadal and his site http://single.kevinnadal.com/ :boo:

he doesn't know wtf he's doing. :seeth:
    Last edited by HyBrideVo; October 8th, 2007 at 12:00 PM.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Male, 29, Single
    Interested In: Dating Men
    not that there's anything wrong with that.... :hihihi:

hbv, diba pinoy healthcare professional ka? na-offend ka ba sa sinabi ni Teri "pancake b00bs" Hatcher? :bwahaha:

7. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by empy View Post
    hbv, diba pinoy healthcare professional ka? na-offend ka ba sa sinabi ni Teri "pancake b00bs" Hatcher? :bwahaha:
    Ahahahahaha! sorry pero billing ang department ko

bakit naman ako magagalit matatawa pa nga ako kasi paano nila nalaman pinagawa ko lang sa recto diploma ko?! :hysterical:

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffrocks View Post
    Precisely, and 99% of them don't even know where the philippines is...

This reminds me of what my officemate asked me a few days ago (sayang, gwapo pa naman!). He asked me if we use the alphabet in the Philippines (maybe he thought that we use characters like the chinese, japanses, etc do?).

Also, my uncle's co-worker asked him years ago if we still live in tree houses!
    Last edited by dazedchiq; October 8th, 2007 at 04:29 PM.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    ^ just goes to show how ignorant he is

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoner View Post
    I get your points, guys. Thank you for sharing your views. I was actually looking forward to having this small discussion about the whole thing, but nobody seemed to bother. That's why I put that *ahem* controversial question before reiterating my point.

Still, I maintain my stand that something should be done to let ABC know that they should not put anything irresponsible like that into their primetime programming.

Although that action should not be something as drastic as the government calling for an apology or having a rally in front of ABC (I just read it now. They really did that?). Maybe a politically-correct petition letter would have sufficed. Pero alam mo naman kasi ang media. Most of the time they blow up things out of proportion, and the politicians ride the wave to beef up their image. Ah well...
    We got your point too, and we did have a discussion, we just don't agree with you. Doesn't mean we didn't have a conversation about it.

It's not even controversial... people just want it to be.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213
Filipinos Denigrated on ABC's Desperate Housewives