New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    For me, its much ado about nothing. I've seen or heard far worse jokes about other nationalities, and they're not reacting as much as we are.

Tayo rin naman gumagawa ng mga kapalpakan kaya nase-stereotype tayo as a nation of cheats (Nursing exam, Little League, elections, etc.) We should take this incident as a sort of wake-up call. Bawal ang balat-sibuyas!

Yung RP govt., naki-sawsaw na rin kasi it may take the spotlight away from the present scandals.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by toinktoink View Post
    ...... teka! baka kaya yung writer eh taga recto! ... wag naman balat sibuyas!!! eh mas matindi pa nga yung pinagsasabi nung isang senadora last week about chinese jan eh! I LIED!!
    hehehe... tama ka bro. we can't take it but we can dish it out?

3. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    pati daw malacanang, mag-de-demand ng public apology! dami namang balat-sibuyas d2!!!

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    maybe our gov't is riding on the issue para makalimutan natin yun mga totoong issues dito...hhmmmm....

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I haven't seen the show and I'm not going to bother seeing the particular episode with the remark.

But, I have to ask if there was an actual scandal (in RP) that would've given origin to such a remark.

If there wasn't, then I'd be puzzled by such a remark and I might even give em the bird. But if there was such a scandal, then well, I'll sit this one out.

I try to avoid knee-jerk reactions because it's hard to tell whether the remark was made to deliberately hurt or a merely a roast ala Jay Leno/David Letterman.

I also grew up with the notion, "We wouldn't make fun of you if we didn't like you". So, I'm used to taking a little ribbing every now and then.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; October 4th, 2007 at 10:19 AM.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    double post!
    Last edited by juntzo; October 4th, 2007 at 11:28 AM. Reason: double post

7. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Nag sorry na pala network at producers!

ABC Studios sorry for racial slur on ‘Desperate Housewives’
    By Ruben V. Nepales
    Inquirer
    Last updated 11:04am (Mla time) 10/04/2007

LOS ANGELES, California--(UPDATE 2) The network and producers of “Desperate Housewives” have issued a statement apologizing for a remark made by actress Teri Hatcher’s character in a recent episode of the television series.
    The following is the network’s statement: "The producers of ‘Desperate Housewives’ and ABC Studios offer our sincere apologies for any offense caused by the brief reference in the season premiere. There was no intent to disparage the integrity of any aspect of the medical community in the Philippines. As leaders in broadcast diversity, we are committed to presenting sensitive and respectful images of all communities featured in our programs."

Read the rest sa inquirer.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pathetic... they're lucky that the show is US-based, otherwise, good luck with their whining.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    May mga Pilipino daw na hindi pa satisfied dun sa issued apology. Gusto nila na maglagay ang ABC na 'pambawi' na eksena sa series, one depicting Filipino health workers in a positive light. Eh 'di ba canned na yung mga episodes for the entire season? Good luck talaga sa demand nila.

Kung gusto nila, pwedeng maglagay na lang ng short video clip of Teri Hatcher at the beginning of the next available episode, speaking on-cam and delivering the apology statement on behalf of the show and ABC Studios. Pero yung magre-edit pa ng ibang episodes para lang ma-accommodate yung 'pambawi scene/dialogue'? Jeeez.
    Last edited by Bogeyman; October 4th, 2007 at 12:44 PM.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by toinktoink View Post
    ...... teka! baka kaya yung writer eh taga recto! ... wag naman balat sibuyas!!! eh mas matindi pa nga yung pinagsasabi nung isang senadora last week about chinese jan eh! I LIED!!

Oo nga. Mas matindi pa yung panlalait na ginawa ni Praning Santiago. Below the belt yung sinabi nyang yun. "Corruption started in China?"

Sabagay, "praning" nga eh. Ano pa ba maaasahan mo sa kaniya.

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
Filipinos Denigrated on ABC's Desperate Housewives