New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by gretzy
    i just finished a 66pages paper on this!

anyway, just to share a few info, the economic indicators do not speak for all the filipinos, it is actually limited to the middle class.
    why? it's because they are the one who pays the right taxes! rich people own big businesses and seldom put the right amount on their ITR! the poor and the very poor do not pay taxes at all!
    exactly my point. that is why it hard to gauge using those economic indicators only.

so, what would be a good gauge to check the real economic condition of a country?

btw, being indebted to credit cards & lending firms (including 5-6) doesn't mean that you are poor. it just means that you are spending way over your income on unnecessary purchases. i think that this is another big misnomer. heck, i have outstanding balances on 3 credit cards.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    our mindset is dictated by our economic consciousness.... chances are if u come from a rich family u tend to view the world(people around) as if the people are of equal footing as u r---that is the problem with second generation rich-kids

3. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    1-5% of the population are rich

25-29% are middle class

70% poor and very poor!

*sheesh,mali-mali spelling n grammar ko!
    Last edited by gretzy; July 15th, 2004 at 11:30 AM.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    well i think that the filipino may be poor in material things but rich in spirit.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by boydapa
    our mindset is dictated by our economic consciousness.... chances are if u come from a rich family u tend to view the world(people around) as if the people are of equal footing as u r---that is the problem with second generation rich-kids
    what's the basis for this?

i've had ULTRA rich classmates in Benilde but they don't exhibit this behaviour.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    it is not a behaviour but a state of mind......

7. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    i think he means rich kids thought everyone is as rich as they are

well there are some

8. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    May point si boydapa.

When things are going well for us and for the people around us, it's easy to forget that there are others that are not as lucky.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    70% ng population are poor, so based on the figures Philippines is poor.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    i strongly disagree.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Is the Filipino that Poor?