New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Nasaan na ba si Castrence? Ni-recall na ba?

Aba eh, baka sa susunod, kimchi na i-shop lift nyan.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    mas maganda makita muna ang video before we pass judgement on.anyway, what is $118 compared to her position not unless she's a klepto ofcourse..

3. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    I'm inclined to believe the US reporter. Why would he make up stories? To put the Philippines in a bad light? Also, the DFA made a claim that the diplomat was not Castrence. But she eventually admitted that it was her after all. This flip-flopping tends to imbue credence to the story.

According to an earlier PDI story, as a result of the alleged shoplifting, the base commander (an American general), banned Filipinos from the PX Commissary.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
    According to an earlier PDI story, as a result of the alleged shoplifting, the base commander (an American general), banned Filipinos from the PX Commissary.
    yaiiikkksssss.now that's a wrong call.what about banning all americans because one of their comrades raped a girl in subic?that general is a pain in the ass

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Even if it was true, I think it's a bunch of hooey that the Koreans would make such a big deal/magnify this incident out of proportion. It's probably designed to draw attention away from the real criminals, the locals.

I was in Yongsan AIN back in the 90's and every commercial on base tv portrayed GI's as the guilty black marketeers when in fact, it was the Koreans themselves who abused the system the most. I know that because there were street vendors right outside my apartment who were selling American beer and other goodies straight from the commissary.

The Katusa tended to be lax in inspecting Korean cars for quota violations. Most Americans aren't even allowed to have cars at all. So, I don't see why they're portrayed as the blackmarketeers.

As for who's in charge, it may be an American general up front. But I'll bet 99.9% there's at least 1 Korean general on base who outranks him.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; July 10th, 2007 at 09:02 PM.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kung sa ibang bansa nagawang magkanaw ano pa kaya pag nasa sariling bansa na at naka upo sa mataas na pwesto????

7. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by hahnvin View Post
    don't steal!!! the government hates competition. hehehehehe
    NB: Ambassadors represent the Philippine Government overseas.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote:
    Ms. Castrence has adequately explained that on a shopping trip to the base commissary, she brought along a karaoke chip which she bought in the same place in an earlier trip. She had wanted to buy the same chip—the one that contained children’s songs as gift for her granddaughter back home.

Finding none, she put her old sing-along chip back in her bag. It must have been this precise act of putting the old chip back that was recorded on camera, subsequently misinterpreted by security—and without regard to a diplomat’s reputation, leaked to the press. In the same trip to the store, she also passed by a perfume counter and tried a rest-bottle but didn’t make any purchase.

I hope that the US base authorities in Seoul will make the proper and prompt correction, now that the facts have been determined. We should not allow false reports to destroy the good name of a diplomat who has served and continues to serve the country. When you see Ms. Castrence, greet her, for she is one of our finest representatives abroad.
    haha! ang galing naman ng palusot na yan.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by jiyumaico View Post
    haha! ang galing naman ng palusot na yan.
    di naman masyadong obvious, di ba?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Filipina Diplomat caught Shoplifting