1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    nakakatawa mga tao dito kung ano uso sa Cali ina-adopt agad

what's with the california lifestyle dito sa 3rd world

meron ako kilala nag yoyoga, kumakain ng kale, quinoa etc

organic this organic that

arte arte
    Westernized tayo uls. Actually kung ano meron doon meron na din dito. Plus the fact na maraming Pinoys doon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Pioneer kasi western world kaya naga adopt lang third world. Saka yun nga, halos lahat naman ng pinoy may kamag anak sa US or nagba bakasyon sa US regularly.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Meron kale sa rustans cathy.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Westernized tayo uls. Actually kung ano meron doon meron na din dito. Plus the fact na maraming Pinoys doon
    Pioneer kasi western world kaya naga adopt lang third world. Saka yun nga, halos lahat naman ng pinoy may kamag anak sa US or nagba bakasyon sa US regularly.

i know pero it's kinda mindless

organic for example

sa states kasi food production is done on an industrial scale so given na ung gumagamit sila ng GMO seeds from Monsanto, use of chemical fertilizers etc

so there's a genuine demand for organic (food grown the natural way)

eh dito sa atin madami parin naman organic farms sa mga probinsya

our food production hasn't yet been taken over by faceless corporations

so nakakatawa lang na may mga tao dito asking "is that organic?"

parang gusto ko sagutin "it's probably genetically engineered in Baguio"

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    Nagulat lang ako na romaine lettuce wala sila So I had to make another grocery trip.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
    Cheap Romaine is either Unimart or Landmark... !40-150/ kilo. Rustan's is too expensive at 350/ kilo...

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto View Post
    Cheap Romaine is either Unimart or Landmark... !40-150/ kilo. Rustan's is too expensive at 350/ kilo...
    Yup. I buy at Landmark. It's also cheap at s&r

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    eh dito sa atin madami parin naman organic farms sa mga probinsya

our food production hasn't yet been taken over by faceless corporations

so nakakatawa lang na may mga tao dito asking "is that organic?"

parang gusto ko sagutin "it's probably genetically engineered in Baguio"
    And you'll be surprised to find out a lot of Filipino farmers are not really practicing "organic" farming at all.

This is from 2015:

DA-7: Some farmers still not open to organic farming | Cebu News, The Freeman Sections, The Freeman | philstar.com

DA-7: Some farmers still not open to organic farming

Some farmers in Central Visayas are still hesitant to adapt organic farming methods, which is the reason why the Department of Agriculture-7 may not fully convert 26,121 hectares of land in Central Visayas to organic agricultural farms by next year.

Felipe Apale, DA alternate focal person on organic agriculture, said some farmers are still hesitant to practice organic farming because it entails a tedious and laborious process and may result to low production of agricultural products.

Instead, the farmers prefer using commercial or genetically modified crops, which are made to resist chemical herbicides or produce insecticides that make the land toxic over time and harm other insects.
    This is from 2016:

Philippine organic farming on the rise

Organic Farming On the Rise

LA TRINIDAD, Benguet – Going organic has caught on. The Department of Agriculture reported organic agriculture production has grown enormously from 12,899 metric tons (MT) to 442,510 in a span of four years.

Challenges facing the organic industry include more encouragement for farmers to go back to natural methods of farming without chemicals.
    And DA of Psycho will let the market decide which method of farming is better:

Agriculture chief: Organic farming not for everyone

Agriculture chief: Organic farming not for everyone

However, Agriculture Secretary Emmanuel "Manny" Piñol said the government should not force farmers to use a specific agricultural method.

"I'm an organic farmer, I don't want to impose on farmers who would like to hang on to their traditional farming method to become organic farmers overnight because that's gonna destroy our food production program," Piñol told Rappler after Duterte delivered his SONA.

"Our program right now is to support both organic farming and the traditional farming method. But I believe that you don't really have to convince farmers. It is the market that will decide, that would have influence on the farming system," he added.

Piñol cited the case of banana farmers in Davao, who shifted to organic farming when Japan said it did not want pesticides in imported products.
    Last edited by leonleon; October 13th, 2017 at 09:37 PM.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Organic = more limited choices of pesticide/herbicide, but you have to use more of it when you need it... because you can't use the effective stuff.

-

Non-GMO = I'm too stupid to understand genetics, cross-breeding, hybridization and etcetera, so I'll avoid anything that uses targeted genetic modification to avoid creating genetically unstable crops/livestock that have stupid health issues.

-

Puregold is a crappy alternative to actual wet markets, where you can get better veggies, fish and meat for much, much less.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    may target market kasi puregold....

eh yan din naman may-ari ng s&r...... na meron din ibang target market....

magaling mag-negosyo si lucio co..... kahit bago-bago pa lang.....

but i seldom shop at puregold.....

sa hitop or landmark ako....

10. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    nakakatawa mga tao dito kung ano uso sa Cali ina-adopt agad

what's with the california lifestyle dito sa 3rd world

meron ako kilala nag yoyoga, kumakain ng kale, quinoa etc

organic this organic that

arte arte

yun sta rosa saka nuvali saka alabang para ka nasa california