New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    minsan naman kasi nagmamahal lang yung branded dahil sa marketing. like yung LV speedy bag ni misis. 40K or 50K ata bili namin dun. pero pag inisip mo, PVC lang naman yun, hindi talaga leather. pangalan lang binibili mo. siyempre para sa babae, worth it yun (hilig nila yang bag e). pero from my point of view, ngek what a waste. how many times has she used it? since we bought it, siguro less than 10 times. that's like 5K per use lumalabas.

e nung huling alis namin ng bansa, sangkatutak ang naka-LV sa pila sa airport. of course now medyo makikilala mo ang orig sa japeyks (you somehow develop the keen sense of intuition after you've paid good money for the original). pero when you think about it, who cares? basta ba maligaya yung gumagamit e. e din dun na ako sa murang kaligayahan hehehe

pero siyempre, hehehe, intellectual property rights ang advocacy natin so.. say "no" to fakes

oh by the way (and on a side note), please don't try going to italy if you have a fake LV bag. huhulihin ka dun.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    I guess rule of thumb is kung matagal gagamtin go for the branded, expensive items. kung 1 or 2 lang magagamit eh doon na lang sa mura..
    Same here.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyRider View Post
    When it comes to buying things in general, what type of a consumer are you?

Are you the type of person who loves to buy expensive but worth it things?

OR

Are you the type of person who buys cheaper stuff knowing that it is easily replaceable and more practical?

I'm definitely the latter:

$5 lcd watch (4-yrs old) vs anything more expensive

I assemble my own pc's vs OEM (Dell, HP, etc)

I drive a 2006 Hyundai Sonata even though we could've bought "better" more expensive brands.

$900 Toshiba laptop vs laptops $1k and above

$20 "no-name" tennis shoes vs $100 Nikes and others

You get the idea......

Add: Also, it's not cheap and easily replaceable. Rather, it's more like bang for the buck.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; November 27th, 2007 at 05:11 AM.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    i don't consciously do it, but i usually ends up buying the more expensive items. i don't look for brand names and price tags, but instead, i look for products that have great craftsmanship and materials plus excellent fit and finish. most of the time, the products that meet my criteria, are the expensive ones.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sa in between ako

There are a lot of expensive stuff out there that are rip off. You are actually just paying for the marketing/advertising kaya nagiging mahal. Its like you are paying indirectly for the expensive models and at the same time feeling bad because they look so perfect. hehehehe

Like ISUZU who pays a ton money for their ads.

by the way notice how china brands are catching up with japanese brand in terms of quality?
    Appliances like LCD TV, Electricfans, DVD Players, Laptops etc. Vacuum cleaners
    And they dont use a lot of marketing ek ek.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
"Expensive But Worth It" or "Cheap and Replaceable"