New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Lucky kids in the future. err Unlucky me, Im a parent

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I think there was some controversy in this, in that someone tried to insert a section in the Annex allowing used CBUs. (sneaky sneaky... ).

In the end, if that supposed inclusion is passed (I really don't know what's happening to it now)... all of us current car owners will suffer... as it'll allow secondhand cars in at ridiculously low prices.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    they are currently revising Annex A of the EO. supposedly to remove used CBUs from the exemption. and what i've heard, is that new vehicle prices, CKD or CBU, will go down once this is in effect. i can see that a brand new toyota prado can be bought at PHP 2.3M, or a BMW X5 at almost PHP 3M, or the Hyundai Grand Starex Gold from the introductory price of PHP 1.7M to PHP 1.4M!! what makes vehicles expensive, especially european vehicles, is the excessive taxes that our government has imposed. for example, the price of the Nissan Patrol started at PHP 1.6M. when the gov't imposed excise taxes for SUVs and Vans, the Patrol's prices shot up to PHP 2.3-2.4M!!

4. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Camgen6 View Post
    Completely Build Units

Completely Knock Down

tama ba? just a wild guess on the second one.
    Tama sir! Pero I think it's supposed to be:

Completely Built Up Units
    Completely Knocked Down

But then, everyone gets the point!

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by numbah5 View Post
    they are currently revising Annex A of the EO. supposedly to remove used CBUs from the exemption. and what i've heard, is that new vehicle prices, CKD or CBU, will go down once this is in effect. i can see that a brand new toyota prado can be bought at PHP 2.3M, or a BMW X5 at almost PHP 3M, or the Hyundai Grand Starex Gold from the introductory price of PHP 1.7M to PHP 1.4M!! what makes vehicles expensive, especially european vehicles, is the excessive taxes that our government has imposed. for example, the price of the Nissan Patrol started at PHP 1.6M. when the gov't imposed excise taxes for SUVs and Vans, the Patrol's prices shot up to PHP 2.3-2.4M!!
    I don't think that the price drop will be that drastic.

AFAIK - tariffs for ASEAN made CBU vehicles is less than 3% of its base price.

Plus:
    X5 is from Germany, won't be covered by EO617
    Prado is from China, won't be covered by EO617
    Patrol is from Japan (?), won't be covered by EO617

The excise tax is based on the retail price of the vehicle (not just SUV & Vans). The higher the sticker price, the bigger the tax (unlike before where it was based on the number of seats & displacement).

6. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Pwede kaya Evo X na may tatak na 'Made in Thailand'?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Executive Order 617