New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    NBC is owned by GE, who has contributed millions to Obama. GE in return got millions in tax dollars from the stimulus and paid ZERO in taxes. Forbes, NY Times and endless media is tied to these rich few who continue to cover up the corruption.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Private jets are an ridiculous expense. Hired CEOs love them, but if you own the company and are paying for it out of your pocket,.. Why bother?

What IS true is that Gates owns some ridiculously rare cars... Like a Porsche 959.
    Yeah and he got a speeding ticket while driving it.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    The lesson here is people who are very rich live humbly coz wala na silang kailangan pang patunayan

4. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Yeah and he got a speeding ticket while driving it.
    Gates got a ticket for speeding in a 911 not the 959.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I still don't buy it, frugal probably for show but in their private rooms literally burning money just for the heck of it...or fireplace using dollars instead of logs there's always something ridiculous that they splurged on..something only they can afford..

6. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow
    I still don't buy it, frugal probably for show but in their private rooms literally burning money just for the heck of it...or fireplace using dollars instead of logs there's always something ridiculous that they splurged on..something only they can afford..
    You're assuming too much instead of making their gestures to become your inspiration to do the same.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    to the very rich it comes to a point when money no longer represents what it can buy

they look at money as points. like videogame points. that's what they use to keep score. making money is a game to them. they don't make money to survive like 99.9% of humanity. they already have more than enough. they make money coz it's what drives them. they made a billion last year they'll try to make more than a billion this year. it's not work to them. it's more like an addiction. they love the rush of making money

they never get overwhelmed by the amount coz unlike poor people they don't go "how am i gonna spend all that?"

those large amounts of money are just numbers to them. a high score. they'll keep trying to beat the high score

how much is enough? it's never enough
    Last edited by uls; April 29th, 2012 at 07:53 PM.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    My father made it a point to us that when you grow up and become rich in your own pursuits, "there's only so much that money can buy". It's become a running gag in our family about how my aunt drives around in Lexus and Jags while my dad's usual car is a 2nd-gen CRV. But in the end who needs it? Tandaan ko pa yun retort eh.. "pakitaan mo ng bank statement, mommy (she's my mother's sister) "

I think for most millionaires, it's not really the pursuit of money. But rather money is the byproduct of what they love to do. My father gets his kicks by employing people... contributing to the economy daw

Of course, not all those rich are frugal. Given the choice, I'd live a life like Larry Ellison rather than Warren Buffett. My family wouldn't like that... but if the riches are mine.. they won't have a say naman :naughty2:
    Last edited by jhnkvn; April 29th, 2012 at 11:07 PM.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    baligtad

tayo ka ng relihyon para maging bilyonaryo
    o kaya mlm.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Pero ang importante kung madami ka pera eh alagaan mo ang health mo. Yung aabot ka ng old age na healthy at hindi nakatambay sa hospital. Sayang kasi kung dami mo pera dami mo din disease. Hospital lang yayaman.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
The Everyday Lives Of Frugal Billionaires