1. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    i'm for it

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i am for euthanizing stupid people

3. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Indeed, it is a difficult decision to make for anyone to decide the issue of euthanasia, there being a strong moral ground and an equally strong legal ground to contend with.
    But I think a standpoint based on moral ground is a personal one that is based on a personal outlook of what is moral or not. But a standpoint based on legal ground is a social decision (at times political even) that is based on social norms and practices. Thus, decision based on moral ground is not necessarily legal but a decision on legal ground usually appear moral.
    Putting it simply, one may chose to live or die, as it is his legal choice, as society approves it, although one may think it immoral, but society can not just simply approve by law of killing anybody, except convicted felons, because it is immoral and constitutes as a social malice.
    In short I am for restricted euthanasia! What about you?

4. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    I'm against euthanasia, but in this case it mostly depends how you define it. I don't consider taking someone off live support as euthanasia, because life support is artificially keeping someone alive. Taking someone off life support isn't necessarily killing someone, unlike, say, toxic injections, electrocutions, or stabbing someone in the heart.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    hmm...am not sure really...too many things/factors to consider...i'll make my decision once a proposed law is already drafted..thats is kung may mag propose sa pilipinas.

naalala ko yung controversial case where in the immediate family (spouse and children) was infavor of removing the life support while the parents and sibling were against it..tama ba or napagbaliktad ko? anyway, parang nagkademandahan pa.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    in the state of oregon in the US, they passed the Death with Dignity Act through citizen's initiative. it won with 51% of voters ratifying it.

The law states that, in order to participate, a patient must be: 1) 18 years of age or older, 2) a resident of Oregon, 3) capable of making and communicating health care decisions for him/herself, and 4) diagnosed with a terminal illness that will lead to death within six (6) months. It is up to the attending physician to determine whether these criteria have been met.

Patients who meet certain criteria can request a prescription for lethal medication from a licensed Oregon physician. The physician must be a Doctor of Medicine (M.D.) or Doctor of Osteopathy (D.O.) licensed to practice medicine by the Board of Medical Examiners for the State of Oregon. The physician must also be willing to participate in the Act. Physicians are not required to provide prescriptions to patients and participation is voluntary. Additionally, some health care systems (for example, a Catholic hospital or the Veterans Administration) have prohibitions against practicing the Act that physicians must abide by as terms of their employment.
    more info at http://egov.oregon.gov/DHS/ph/pas/faqs.shtml

to be honest, i don't find physician assisted suicide unreasonable under these limited circumstances.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The problem with taking a stance against Euthanasia... what are your moral grounds for preventing it?

Suicide is a sin in the view of many religions. But a sin against who? If you're not of the religion in question, are you commiting a sin by performing suicide? (This is a serious question)

No man has a right to impose his will upon any other man, or order the life or death of that man, unless that other man has tried to do the same to others. That much is just.

It's freedom of choice.

Euthanasia is not a means of providing an out for depressed or mentally unstable people. You can't offer euthanasia to these people, actually. It's empowerment for sick people, who have no reason left to live and no means by which to pass away painlessly.

There are legal ways for these people to die... refusing to eat or refusing life support or medical service... but they're all kind of painful.

It's a man's right to choose how he lives, or choose how he dies. No one should be able to stop him from doing what he chooses, as long as it's only himself he's hurting.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Euthanasia - are you for or against?