New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    My SONY DVD player shows "error" on the display every time i put different DVD, whats the problem and i don't have the manual, if you have one tulong naman mga pre. thx :confused:

2. Join Date
    May 2004
    If ganito ang nangyayari, I can only think of 4 things. Its either:

1. Dust on your DVD - pwede mo itong linisin very carefully with a DVD cloth cleaner. This cleaner is available on most video stores.

2. Scratch sa DVD - This can't be fixed. If the DVD is new, you have to have it exchanged for another one. If rented, get another copy.

3. Dirty DVD player reader - this happens when you use a lot of dirty dvd's and the dust/dirt got to your DVD player somehow. There are a lot of DVD cleaner available. The best person to ask would be people working on Video Stores or Rental Stores.

4. DVD player/ DVD Region code - yung mga DVD players and DVD media have region codes. There are DVD players that has no region code which means that the player is able to play different region-coded DVD's.

REGIONAL CODES defined by Motion Pictures Studios are the following:
    Seven regions (also called locales or zones) have been defined, and each one is assigned a number. Players and discs are often identified by their region number superimposed on a world globe. If a disc plays in more than one region it will have more than one number on the globe.
    1: U.S., Canada, U.S. Territories
    2: Japan, Europe, South Africa, and Middle East (including Egypt)
    3: Southeast Asia and East Asia (including Hong Kong)
    4: Australia, New Zealand, Pacific Islands, Central America, Mexico, South America, and the Caribbean
    5: Eastern Europe (Former Soviet Union), Indian subcontinent, Africa, North Korea, and Mongolia
    6: China
    7: Reserved
    (SOURCE: www.DVDdemystified.com)

These are the most probable causes of the error. Hopefully, the problem you have will be corrected. If you have checked all of these and you still have the ERROR, then it will be time to visit your electronic store to get your problem fixed.

Ciao!

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    I'll check on no.3 ....salamat cyberdoc95 ;)

4. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Japanese brand DVD players are usually more sensitive to scratches than Chinese/European brands (they use a more tolerant dvd chipset)

"Error"