New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    effective yan don sa mga hindi pa smokers.. pag nakita nila yung mga warning.. baka sakaling di na sila mag smoke..

don sa mga smokers na.. walang effect yan.. sa ibang bansa nga kahit mahal ang yosi kahit halos mapuno na nang warning at mga kadiring picture yung kaha walang effect pa din.. sa Australia ang isang kahang marlboro nasa 500 pesos na.. ganon pa din..

2. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by _Qwerty_ View Post
    effective yan don sa mga hindi pa smokers.. pag nakita nila yung mga warning.. baka sakaling di na sila mag smoke..

don sa mga smokers na.. walang effect yan.. sa ibang bansa nga kahit mahal ang yosi kahit halos mapuno na nang warning at mga kadiring picture yung kaha walang effect pa din.. sa Australia ang isang kahang marlboro nasa 500 pesos na.. ganon pa din..
    I agree with you bro.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Di na tinitignan or binabasa ng mga smokers yan. Bali wala na yan.

I also prefer raising the taxes of cigarettes. Mas effective ito sigurado.
    Signature

4. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ooba99 View Post
    On the thread question, yes, for those who are already hooked, like me before, definitely, that warning is futile. However, I think the target of that warning are the potential smokers. Increased awareness of the potential population on the harm of smoking will diminish the eventual smokers or those who will eventually get hooked.

* archie and DF, it is not too late to quit.

Share ko lang, my greatest motivation are my kids. The thought that I can live to see them get married and be established in the future is one enormous single factor why I quit.
    Congrats Bro.! Actually, there are times times that I am also thinking to quit smoking with the same reason as your's. Yon nga lang napapaisip din ako because I also see a lot of older persons 60 plus to 70 plus smokers who still look healthy, and I also know some non-smokers who die young, and the very reason why I cannot quit smoking is that i cannot sacrifice my cravings - its just like a food to me, if i don't eat, i'll starve, ganon po ako ka-addict sa yosi. But I promised to myself that once I stop smoking, I will never try to smoke again. I'm just not sure if I can keep this promise. As of now kasi, it is very hard to quit smoking when you are surrounded by smoker friends. I have a lot of friends who quit smoking for a while pero bumabalik din.

It's good that you were determined and well-motivated to quit smoking.

5. Join Date
    May 2010
    Ang dapat rin dito eh is those smoking in public places and by minors ay dapat sinasanction ng DOH, local govt, at sa minors, DSWD.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Nag yoyosi ako dati pero tinigil ko agad dahil ang baho sa kamay at sa hininga and mahirap na humarap sa clients na ganun ka. Mabilis ko lang natanggal ang yosi dahil bumili ako ng e-cigarette. Itry niyo din, hindi man siya kasing sarap ng tunay na yosi, ok na rin. Those people na nagsabing mamamatay din naman sila. I'd rather die by natural cause than die because of YOSI masyadong magastos.

Dapat mahalan nila ang yosi kagaya sa Singapore para mabawasan ang nag yoyosi. AYOKO GUMASTOS PARA MAGKASAKIT

7. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Wala yan, for safe measure lang yan para di na sila uli mademanda ng mga lawsuit happy na kano.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by galant E SS View Post
    It's good that you were determined and well-motivated to quit smoking.
    Thanks, bro. It was'nt easy. I was a 1-packer for decades. I failed on my first try. Was smoke-free for about 6 months, then I was tempted to try one stick. The one stick led to another, then another until I find myself smoking half-a-pack a day.

I succeeded on my second try. This time with the motivation I mentioned in mind. Plus the help of the nicotine patch coupled with the nicotine gum. Actually, I didn't finish the nicotine patch treatment regimen and I just found myself already free from the addiction. That was years ago. Now I can be in the company of smokers and not be tempted to smoke again.

I hope with my short success story, I can convince and motivate one tsikoteer to stop smoking.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by galant E SS View Post
    eh, yong lady and gay smokers pala feeling macho ba? (joke). for me, its more on psychological effect, stress reliever sya, nakakapagparelax ng feeling. whenever i get tensed, angry or even tired, parang naaalis yon if i smoke, siguro dahil na rin sa inhale and exhale process which is actually a breathing exercise. tingnan nyo sa law schools, ang daming smokers, pampatanggal ng pressure.
    gawin pa bang healthy. effect ng nicotine yan bro and nothing to do with inhale/exhale.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
effective ba yun warnings of health hazard sa pack ng cigarette?