New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I agree that they have suffered enough dahil sa pagkatama pa lang sa kotse ay enough 'punishment' na, pero ang masama nyan makakadamay pa sila ng inosenteng driver.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    di ko na talaga masasagot yan *bry. siguro napagdiskusyunan na ng mga lawmakers na gumawa nang law na yan yun mga given and what if's. but I firmly believed that they decided on the basis of life above all, over property.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    actually, sa ibang bansa pag tumawid ka sa di tamang tawiran pag nabangga ka ng sasakyan, ni insurance di ka babayaran kasi kasalanan mo yon na tumawid ka dun.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    kanina sa crossing ng q.ave at araneta may q.c. police on a mc tapos nakakita siya ng babae na hindi gumamit ng overpass. Pinagsabihan niya ito na mam dun kayo dumaan may over pass naman. Langya dedma si babae, ang sarap batukan nun babae kahit babe siya!

5. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue
    nobody goes to jail naman kapag aksidente talaga not unless tinakbuhan mo at na-trace ka, kasi tantamount to guilt yun. the worst than can happen to you is bayaran mo for life yun pagkalumpo niya or lump sum settlement. my advice wag kayo magbigay ng statement sa pulis kapag wala man lang kayo representation like lawyers. kasi yun mga pulis nag-thrive sa mga ganito, hypocrites ika nga. sa case ko, lasing and may medical record ang hospital so abswelto ako. but my dad, that time, extended goodwill kahit papano, like paying for his hospital bills and some cash for his family but of course with written agreement na hindi na siya maghahabol for life.

I knew 2 friends who already killed pedestrians. isa nangyari sa aurora blvd., isa sa edsa. yun sa edsa sa minalas-malas pa eh nanay ng isang Colonel sa Aguinaldo yun napatay nya. they're both free naman, with NBI records cleared. but both paid a hefty sum kahit hindi nila kasalanan. and also their lawyers executed the same agreement na hindi na maghahabol for life.

sobrang unfair no? pero just put yourselves in the victim's shoes, either na-trauma or nalumpo or na-damage na din sila for life, dahil na din sa katangahan nila. they already paid for their stubborness the minute they got hit by a car.
    Ahh hefty sum. Akala ko pa naman sana, may faint glimmer of hope of fairness in our government... Yeah you're absolutely right. I think since ganun nga ang society natin, government initiative na dapat yun. Dapat wala liability driver kung jaywalking and safeguard the wayward citizens by putting up more barriers. OK lang naman magmukhang prison (BF pink fences, hehe ugly, pero suportado ko) tayo kung mga citizens e maraming mala-preso.

I don't think na kasi wala lang liability e mow em down na kaagad ang mangyayari. Marami din naman may konsensya like us.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by quiksie
    kanina sa crossing ng q.ave at araneta may q.c. police on a mc tapos nakakita siya ng babae na hindi gumamit ng overpass. Pinagsabihan niya ito na mam dun kayo dumaan may over pass naman. Langya dedma si babae, ang sarap batukan nun babae kahit babe siya!
    Maganda ba? Re-educate ko sya... ehehehe.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    kaya nga sa HK at Taiwan pati Singapore hindi kasalanan ng driver pag nakabunggo ka ng pedestrian na wala sa tamang tawiran. kaw pa ang papabayaran ng driver kapag nabangga ka nila at may damage sa sasakyan nila. ang logic din kasi dito eh, kapag umiwas yung driver o biglang pumreno dahil sa may biglang tumawid sa hindi tamang tawiran, ay baka sila pa ang maaksidente. saka kaya nga may pedestrian lane or overpass para sa seguridad ng mga tao. dapat magkarun ng malawakang campaign tungkol sa tamang pag tawid at kung ano ang consequences ng hindi pag sunod nito. hirap kasi sa iba sa atin, basta nabangga mo ang tao, sasabihin ng reckless driver ka.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    I have a situation for you guys.

Lets say that u are driving at say 60 kph on the highway without any pedestrian crossing... suddenly u see someone cross and u know u will hit him will you

a. slowdown and pray that the impact won't kill him

b. press hard on ur brakes and pray it won't hit him and that the car or the truck running at 60 kph behind you won't hit you too hard that may cause you to hit the jaywalker and injure yourself.

c. swerve to the vehicle to your right or left?

now please change shoes... what if you are that stupid *$$h0le jaywalker. what will you do?

now change again what if you are driving at 60 kph behind the vehicle who is about to hit the jaywalker. having not enough room to come to a full stop you hit the vehicle causing either to hit the jaywalker infront which would not have been hit or adding damage to the hit jaywalker or worst running over.

and lastly what if you are the one driving at 60 kph on either side of the vehicle about to hit the jaywalker? how would you feel if the driver swerve at you and hitting you? but did not hit the jaywalker.

What would you do?

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    To eliminate options... If I'm driving behind a guy at 60 km/h, I'm usually two or three car lengths behind him, and looking ahead of him (if you can't see around him, you're too close)... I usually brake before the guy in front of me does when there's trouble.

You'll never find me travelling beside anyone at 60 km/h. Pacing the vehicle next to you is a stupid and dangerous habit I see too much of in the Philippines.

So, I could only be the guy right in front of the guy. I would try to avoid the guy at all costs. Any of us in any of the vehicles has a decent chance of surviving a fender bender... he doesn't.

I've been driving on C5 since it opened. So far, my record there is spotless. (though I've had my share of scrapes elsewhere) No matter how fast you're going, it's your solemn duty to scan the road ahead for obstacles/pedestrians. If you don't see them coming, you're going too fast and not looking. I've had my share of close calls, yes, but I've never hit a man, child or animal (well, not a breathing animal).

I don't like the idea of paying through the nose for someone else's stupidity, but I consider it fair, if I've killed or injured someone, to help that person or their family, even if I'm not at fault.

That's what we did for a girl my brother hit (ran out in front of him in a parking lot... parents did not press charges because they considered themselves at fault, but we paid for her therapy (broken femur)).

In this country, if it's an accident, no jail time results. The most you can get is a hefty fine. I've seen this in two or three cases, even where it was obvious the guy driving was going way over the speed limit (try 140 km/h)... I don't see this law as changing much. Even if the victims were to press charges, the judge would throw it out anyway if they were shown to be jaywalking.

At least now, they can't even threaten to press charges. but it's still a matter of honor, I believe, for you to offer help of some kind for the injured/deceased. It's the human thing to do.

Your car is insured. The worst that can happen to you is a participation fee.
    What's the comparison between property and life? Is the former worth more than the latter?

What's the price of a life?
    Last edited by niky; April 6th, 2006 at 10:01 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by bajumbo
    I have a situation for you guys.

Lets say that u are driving at say 60 kph on the highway without any pedestrian crossing... suddenly u see someone cross and u know u will hit him will you

a. slowdown and pray that the impact won't kill him

b. press hard on ur brakes and pray it won't hit him and that the car or the truck running at 60 kph behind you won't hit you too hard that may cause you to hit the jaywalker and injure yourself.

c. swerve to the vehicle to your right or left?

now please change shoes... what if you are that stupid *$$h0le jaywalker. what will you do?

now change again what if you are driving at 60 kph behind the vehicle who is about to hit the jaywalker. having not enough room to come to a full stop you hit the vehicle causing either to hit the jaywalker infront which would not have been hit or adding damage to the hit jaywalker or worst running over.

and lastly what if you are the one driving at 60 kph on either side of the vehicle about to hit the jaywalker? how would you feel if the driver swerve at you and hitting you? but did not hit the jaywalker.

What would you do?
    if you are in the same situation as mine, no time to think or to choose or to analyze.

have you asked a person minutes after an accident? the usual reply: "it all happened so fast! "

yan din ang observation ng mga kapamilya ko nagtubos sakin noon. dumbfounded daw ako.

then after a few days or so, saka mo i-aattempt bigyan ng logical explanation yun nangyari. the what if's and the why me?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
[Edit] Pedestrians or Motorists: Who's liable?