New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    I was in SM Clark when the quake struck. I was seating inside a resto waiting for my family when I felt I was moving. Akala ko nahihilo lang ako sa gutom at antok. Then I looked around, wala naman nagreact. Then tumingin ako sa ilalim ng table and I felt a movement again for around 10sec. Sabi ko, talagang hilo na ako. I looked around again to see if anything else is moving. Wala naman, and yung mga tao sa loob ng resto and sa mall wala ring mga reaction.

I only learned of the quake when somebody texted me an hour after.
    Laughtrip to!

2. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Magnitude 6.0 quake rocks Metro Manila--US Geological Survey

Agence France-Presse, Inquirer
    Last updated 01:10pm (Mla time) 11/27/2007
    MANILA, Philippines -- (UPDATE 2) A strong 6.0-magnitude earthquake shook the Philippine capital on Tuesday, sending some office workers fleeing into the streets, seismologists and witnesses said.
    According to the radio, intensity 4 lang sa Manila at intensity 2 sa QC. Intensity 6 was at the epicenter at sa may Lingayen.
    Iba naman ang Intensity sa Magnitude. Much like miles and kilometers. Intensity varies from area to area, depending on how close it is to the epicenter (i.e., the nearer a place is to the epicenter, generally mas malakas ang intensity, depending on several factors). Sa magnitude, irrespective of the area, the magnitude number will always remain the same as it measures the seismic energy released.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Dito sa Baguio malakas din..

But for an earthquake-weary city, kahit konting tremors lang nabubulabog na ang siyudad. Yesterday's quake revived memories of the Jul 16, 1990 quake.
    Sana wag na maulit yon.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Earthquake! (Nov 27, 2007) [MERGED]