New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    a day earlier, it was indonesia ... today in philippines ... huwag na sana umabot sa japan, bugbog sarado na sila sa lindol eh

dito sa pangasinan malakas nga yung quake ... kakatakot ... it lasted about 30 seconds ... at least two strong shakes ... my location is just 48km east of the epicenter :shocked2:

2. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    malakas na rin. i'm at the 43rd floor dito sa makati

3. Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Magnitude 6.0 quake rocks Metro Manila--US Geological Survey

Agence France-Presse, Inquirer
    Last updated 01:10pm (Mla time) 11/27/2007
    MANILA, Philippines -- (UPDATE 2) A strong 6.0-magnitude earthquake shook the Philippine capital on Tuesday, sending some office workers fleeing into the streets, seismologists and witnesses said.
    The quake struck at 12:27 p.m. (0427 GMT) and was centered 195 kilometers (120 miles) northwest of Manila at a depth of depth 62.5 kilometers, the US Geological Survey said.
    Witnesses and radio reports said some office buildings in Manila emptied as people rushed outside when the structures began to sway.
    The city's light railway system also stopped briefly, they added.
    The Philippine Daily Inquirer reported that the quake was felt in the cities of Makati, Manila and Pasig, especially by tenants of high-rise buildings.
    Malacañang, Senate, and Government Service Insurance System employees evacuated their buildings during the earthquake, according to INQUIRER.net in separate reports.
    But Senator Juan Ponce-Enrile was undeterred as he proceeded with the floor debates on the proposed 2008 budget.
    The quake was also felt in Ilocos Norte, Baguio City, Pangasinan, and Pampanga, according to reports from the Inquirer’s provincial correspondents.
    The Philippine Institute of Volcanology and Seismology has yet to issue a statement.

Nauna pang magreport yung US Geological Service kanina about the quake.
    Last edited by russpogi; November 29th, 2007 at 12:45 AM. Reason: added quotes

4. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    I was sleeping in my room when the quake struck. Nung una, akala ko may nagmumulto (my room door was locked), but when I inquired later from my officemates, may lindol nga daw.

Buti na lang, otherwise nagtitili akong palabas ng building, hehehe

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by isketi View Post
    Magnitude 6.0 quake rocks Metro Manila--US Geological Survey

Agence France-Presse, Inquirer
    Last updated 01:10pm (Mla time) 11/27/2007
    MANILA, Philippines -- (UPDATE 2) A strong 6.0-magnitude earthquake shook the Philippine capital on Tuesday, sending some office workers fleeing into the streets, seismologists and witnesses said.
    The quake struck at 12:27 p.m. (0427 GMT) and was centered 195 kilometers (120 miles) northwest of Manila at a depth of depth 62.5 kilometers, the US Geological Survey said.
    Witnesses and radio reports said some office buildings in Manila emptied as people rushed outside when the structures began to sway.
    The city's light railway system also stopped briefly, they added.
    The Philippine Daily Inquirer reported that the quake was felt in the cities of Makati, Manila and Pasig, especially by tenants of high-rise buildings.
    Malacañang, Senate, and Government Service Insurance System employees evacuated their buildings during the earthquake, according to INQUIRER.net in separate reports.
    But Senator Juan Ponce-Enrile was undeterred as he proceeded with the floor debates on the proposed 2008 budget.
    The quake was also felt in Ilocos Norte, Baguio City, Pangasinan, and Pampanga, according to reports from the Inquirer’s provincial correspondents.
    The Philippine Institute of Volcanology and Seismology has yet to issue a statement.

Nauna pang magreport yung US Geological Service kanina about the quake.

According to the radio, intensity 4 lang sa Manila at intensity 2 sa QC. Intensity 6 was at the epicenter at sa may Lingayen.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    eerie...kakapanood ko lang ng O.C. last sunday, nag end ung episode na tinamaan ng earthquake ung place

di ba andaming nagsasabi that RP is way overdue for a "big one"? sana eto na yun.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    nasa loob ako ng classroom. napansin kong nagvivibrate yung upuan. di ko na pinansin. saka ko na lamang narealize na quake nga un nung nakita ko yung nakabitin na LCD projector na nag wiwiggle. hehehe, takbo agad yung prof namin.
    Damn, son! Where'd you find this?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I was in SM Clark when the quake struck. I was seating inside a resto waiting for my family when I felt I was moving. Akala ko nahihilo lang ako sa gutom at antok. Then I looked around, wala naman nagreact. Then tumingin ako sa ilalim ng table and I felt a movement again for around 10sec. Sabi ko, talagang hilo na ako. I looked around again to see if anything else is moving. Wala naman, and yung mga tao sa loob ng resto and sa mall wala ring mga reaction.

I only learned of the quake when somebody texted me an hour after.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    ang lakas nga... felt it in taft ave. a while ago.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Ok lang lindol wag lang malakas. MAs maganda kung every month lindol ng atleast intensity 2 para hindi maipon yung stress sa ilalim ng lupa and hindi maipon hanggang sa 9.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Earthquake! (Nov 27, 2007) [MERGED]