New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Bakit ganun, ako walang naramdaman????? Unfair!

2. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by resmile View Post
    Sir dito sa Richville, MBP (we are on the 10th floor), ramdam namin. although mahina talaga sya.
    same here sa page 1, hehehe. parang isang location lang tayo ah..

3. Join Date
    Dec 2017

Three people have died following a magnitude 6.1 earthquake at 8.00am local time (11.00pm BST) as walls collapsed and furniture fell.

At least 234 people have been injured, according to public broadcaster NHK.

One of those who has died is a 9-year-old schoolgirl, struck down by rubble as she made her way to school.

Commuters found their route to work in disarray as subway and bullet trains were halted in order to check for damages.

Japan earthquake latest: Where did the earthquake hit? | World | News | Express.co.uk

---

Damn. This is a strong earthquake. I've experienced an earthquake in Osaka a couple of years ago, if I remembered it correctly. I was in my hotel room and I noticed that the furniture were moving about. I looked out the window and the buildings were swaying. I was on the 14th floor. It only lasted for a few seconds, then, some aftershocks here and there. There's only one thing on my mind and that is, how do I escape when I only had a towel on, lol.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I guess I'm lucky. The last earthquake I felt was back in 2011 in New York when we still lived there. Before that, the last one was a 2008(?) earthquake south of Hachinohe in Japan.

Since 2011? None.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Although, I was kind of anxious when it happened, but, I trust Japanese engineering when it comes to earthquake-proofing their structures.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    the picture is still in my mind. several years ago. even the japs admit. "they must re-think their methods."
    the japanese elevated road, fallen like dominoes after an earthquake.

and the speed by which the japanese re-build.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    the picture is still in my mind. several years ago. even the japs admit. "they must re-think their methods."
    the japanese elevated road, fallen like dominoes after an earthquake.

and the speed by which the japanese re-build.
    That was the Great Hanshin Earthquake 1994. It was due to a corruption scandal where the contactor used thinner and fewer steel bars in order to turn a profit after paying bribes to politicians (sound familiar?). I remember after that earthquake, the flyovers in Edsa and Commonwealth were retrofitted as well. I guess they used the same Japanese consultant as those in Kobe to build and design our flyovers?

Sent from my MI 3W using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    The last great earthquake I experienced was in March 11, 2011 in Japan.
    Effin quake was so strong. Buti na lang nasa 3rd floor dorm ako at wala sa 6th floor lab hahaha

Aftershocks lasted literally for 24hours. As in buong araw umuuga.

Went home for a vacation because of the nuclear crisis. The city I lived in was a radiation hotspot - which is a puzzle to me because it is hundreds of kilometers away and the surrounding areas were not a hotspot.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Lew_Alcindor View Post

Went home for a vacation because of the nuclear crisis. The city I lived in was a radiation hotspot - which is a puzzle to me because it is hundreds of kilometers away and the surrounding areas were not a hotspot.
    maybe the fall-out? radioactive rain?

10. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    maybe the fall-out? radioactive rain?
    Could be. The small city I lived-in was a ghost town na that time. Ayoko umuwi kasi sayang pamasahe. Nung makabili yung isang kaibigan kong Pinay ng ticket (umutang sa sensei hehehe), napilitan ako bumili din ng ticket at 3X the usual price huhuhu.

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
Earthquake