New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by gearspeed View Post
    Sa states pahirapan kumuha ng lisensya.Nung nasa U.S ako kuwento nung pinsan ko dun nagkamali lang siya ng isa bagsak na kaagad.Hindi lang siya lumingon nun.
    I'd rather fail the test this way, than cheat on it and know that others have probably done the same. You realize you're on your own each day on the street with the same individuals who cheated on those tests, and it's really sad.

Your driver's license is a privilege, not a right.
    Last edited by mbeige; December 6th, 2006 at 12:48 PM.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    happened to me many times, stuck in the a middle of a street heavy traffic, buti nalang yung kasama ko marunong mag drive(either my dad or sister), i went down and walked to the intersection, pagdating ko dun ayun nagmumurahan na mga loko dahil di nagbigayan at may mga nag counterflow na din, had to direct traffic after slamming on the hood of one stupid driver who couterflowed... nung nakalusot na oto ko, sabay stop lahat sabay layas, bahala na kyo magbigayan dyan... hay

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    hmmm... I feel like I'm drowning and the writer of the article's (Patrick) describing the water. Don't we all figure things out all by ourselves from experience what is wrong around us and why is this happening to us? the dilemma we face on our roads is simply a by product of how we look at ourselves as a nation and how we treat our fellow pinoys irrespective of location. It starts at home and it trickles down towards our community and then across the borders. We cannot solve individual issues for every issues are either somewhat intertwining, or constantly creating itself like the pagan symbol Ouroboros (snake swallowing it's own tail).
    We can start solving it though by going down to the basics of things. It might be too idealistic but it's the truth nonetheless. The factor of self dignity, self respect & self pride involving three individuals- me, myself & I. To personally deal with this is akin to solving the driver's dilemma. Hard but never impossible. of course, this is just my 2 cents worth of an opinion.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Helios View Post
    hmmm... I feel like I'm drowning and the writer of the article's (Patrick) describing the water. Don't we all figure things out all by ourselves from experience what is wrong around us and why is this happening to us? the dilemma we face on our roads is simply a by product of how we look at ourselves as a nation and how we treat our fellow pinoys irrespective of location. It starts at home and it trickles down towards our community and then across the borders. We cannot solve individual issues for every issues are either somewhat intertwining, or constantly creating itself like the pagan symbol Ouroboros (snake swallowing it's own tail).
    We can start solving it though by going down to the basics of things. It might be too idealistic but it's the truth nonetheless. The factor of self dignity, self respect & self pride involving three individuals- me, myself & I. To personally deal with this is akin to solving the driver's dilemma. Hard but never impossible. of course, this is just my 2 cents worth of an opinion.
    And your 2 cent's worth is a lot.

However, those abroad learn a few tricks that may help the local scenario. I mean for example, dito sa US usually bigayan rin. There's no point in not letting people cut in (properly) kasi you'll all reach your destination in good time naman. Thing is, matraffic sobra dyan dahil hindi rin nagbibigayan yung mga tao.

If only everybody was kind enough to give the benefit of the doubt to fellow motorists, then I'm sure it would be much nicer to live there. Hindi lang nga sa driving habits ang problem, pati rin sa social courtesy and attitude to others.

If anybody has read the article on the Inquirer about social courtesy (few months back), you'll realize what I mean.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Traffic to me is all about the flow. When you impede the flow, traffic gets worse. For instance. When public transportation stops to pick up a passenger in the middle of traffic. It impedes the flow. When an overloaded tricycle cuts faster moving vehicles, it impedes the flow. In merging traffic, when drivers would rather bully themselves into the merging lane instead of merging alternately (zipper), it impedes the trafic flow. And the worst example are the counterflowing vehicles. Counterflowing is the single most selfish thing a motorist can do.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    as long as somebody is profiting from traffic: ie vendors, drivers, enforcers, operators, assemblers (of buses/jeepneys/tricycles), manufacturers (of cars na mas madali masira o i-service bec. of stop and go traffic), and last but not least, oil suppliers (the more oil wasted per day, the more chances of refilling, more profits)

walang katapusan yan, you can't talk any reason to the earning man hehehe

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Driver's Dilemma