New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: Drive in heavy traffic or Ultra siksikan sa MRT?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Drive Car, to hell with wear and tear.

10 76.92%
  • Suck it up and take the MRT

3 23.08%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by mbeige View Post
    I did, kaso still new to work. In due time siguro. Nangangapa-ngapa pa rin (another guy term...? )
    Anong kinakapaan mo?

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Drive to work by all means. I'll take MRT pag coded lang ako. Pero kahit my MRT, I'll take a cab.

Been a "DC"* all my life, and I deserve a bit of luxury after working my ass off. You wouldn't believe how much I was earning when I started working. Almost all of my peers have twice or triple the amount of my salary then.

Been through hell with LRT and MRT, pagdating mo ng office, you smell like EDSA or Taft. And worse, you don't have the energy to work, drained by the hassle of commuting.

I'll take the comfort of driving and paying the extra bills just to be productive at work.

[SIZE=1]*Dakilang Commuter[/SIZE]

3. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    MRT, kahit nakakastress, for the ff reasons:

-- very few of us have free parking
    -- the drivers here aren't exactly the most courteous in the world
    -- traffic is unpredictable, especially along EDSA; minsan kahit 08:00 pa lang matrapik na

ako i usually take the MRT on weekdays; the weekends lang ako nagkokotse(yes, me Saturday work kami). pag me special occassion lang siguro ako dadala ng kotse(eg. hauling stuff, parties)

4. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    if you can afford parking fee and fuel consumption is not an issue
    then go for it

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    if you can afford it then drive to work, mahirap talaga sa MT sobra sikip. ako naman mas comfortable mag commute kasi may byahe na sa amin from house(cavite) to office(makati) and pabalik. besides hindi ko kaya parking rates sa makati plus tollgate pa. hehe

6. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    mahirap talaga sumakay ng MRT sa GMA-Kamuning station. sa Que. Ave station pa nga lang puno na, lalo na sa Kamuning and Cubao..

pero kung masakit sa'yo ang gastos ng pagdadala ng kotse sa office, mag-MRT ka na nga lang.. pili ka lang kung anong klase ng sakit gusto mo. sakit sa bulsa at sa binti (kotse) or sakit sa katawan at sa ilong (MRT)

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    i guess 10am is no longer that bad when you take the MRT going to work, but getting on at Kamuning Station should always be tough. Getting back from work at 7pm would be a challenge though, even if you take the MRT at Shaw Blvd. station.

so depending on your means and your prererence, and even the needs of the day, either options are viable and practical.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by swordsman View Post
    Given your specific case... Drive man, drive!

O kaya, ba't di mo kaya i-try -> 1 week MRT, 1 week driving your own car. Tapos decide kung saan ka happy, at hindi mukhang na-harrass at nalapastangan

Thanks for your inputs. I've experimented and I think it's better to drive. When I take the MRT parang mainit ulo ko buong araw.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Drive to work or take MRT?