New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    one thing about this security check is to scare the people and this acts as a decoy to make the supposibly accused grow sweats...you cant totally check every passenger but you can limit the risk of the train getting bombed...

car car check at the malls, the guards dont really check the inside of the car, they are just doing their job(haphazardly) if there were dogs(sometimes there are) the might be able to sniff through a bomb.

passenger doesnt need to drink all the contetnt of the liquid they are to drink, they could just sip it, and i think taking in drinks while boarding lrt or mrt is quite annoying and you might spill it while drinking.

spray the cologne is ok, presenting a grocery receipt is a bit uneasy, but like i said these may be just delaying tactics to prevent bombing=)

follow it dont complain and well all be safer=)

2. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by cutedoc View Post
    passenger doesnt need to drink all the contetnt of the liquid they are to drink, they could just sip it, and i think taking in drinks while boarding lrt or mrt is quite annoying and you might spill it while drinking.
    AFAIK, with or without the additional security measures, bawal din naman magdala ng food and drinks sa loob ng MRT eh (although we did manage to smuggle in the occasional waffle from time to time).

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    anlabo naman nitong rule na to. on a train??! if i wanted to blow up a train i would wait for it next to the station with an RPG launcher

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by M54 Powered View Post
    anlabo naman nitong rule na to. on a train??! if i wanted to blow up a train i would wait for it next to the station with an RPG launcher
    I don't think it is easy to carry an RPG around while waiting for the train without getting arrested.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Magaling talaga. Magaling maki-sali sa uso.

Huwag kayong mag-alala, sandali lang yan at lax na ulit ang security.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    While I understand the necessity of this security measure, AFAIK this is not sustainable in the long run due to the ever increasing volume of people riding the MRT/LRT and due to the ratio of security personnel per commuter at each station. As the UK government had said, maintaining the a long-term ban on liquids and maintaing the current high-security measures in place is not feasible. I've a hunch na after a few weeks, yung mga guards eh mapapagod na kabuburiri ng mga items.

Commuters are prohibited from bringing canned goods inside the platform area . This ban has been in place for more than a year now AFAIK. Since the 1st day of MRT's operations, food and drink have been prohibited inside the platform area and inside the train. Kaso lang, hindi mapigilan yung mga talagang makukulit at matitigas ang ulo pero hey, if you gotta eat then you gotta eat.

I've received some news that the UK and US government is mulling on the idea to ban all electronic devices (e.g. cellular phones, audio players, laptop computers, cameras, etc.) for all carry-on baggage. If this pushes through, it won't sit well for travellers on business who need to get work done on their computer during a 14-hour flight. Does this mean that the DOTC would ban such devices from the MRT/LRT? Possibly but if they do, they'd definitely start a huge uproar since 99.99% of MRT/LRT riders have cell phones with them.

Necessary security in these times of "uncertainty"? I'd say yes. Sustainable security measure for the long haul? IMO, no.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogeyman View Post
    AFAIK, with or without the additional security measures, bawal din naman magdala ng food and drinks sa loob ng MRT eh (although we did manage to smuggle in the occasional waffle from time to time).

Yup, bawal food and drinks. Dapat. But kailan pa naging bawal magdala ng toothpaste at lotion?

Actually, I took the train yesterday. Di naman na-check mabuti bag ko, nakalusot laman ng kikay kit ko. Di ba dati bawal din gift-wrapped items? May gift pa na nasa bag ko, di naman pinansin.

While they're wasting their time waiting for the passengers to consume ang baon nyang drinks, di na mapapansin kung may pagpapasok ng explosives na not in liquid form.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    The solution to this "problem" is really simple.

Yung ayaw sa security measures, just drive their own car or take a taxi or jeep or bus or whatever.

Simple solutions for Simple problems.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Uhmm... if you had a car, would you actually ride the MRT? Wait, I do, from time to time.

The MRT is the cheapest and most cost-effective way to get from one end of EDSA to the other, it's a life-saver for many commuters, hence the difficulty in maintaining the security checks and the hassle of such.

And it's not a matter of "ayaw". It's the fact that the security checks, as flawed and useless as they are, are causing congestion and delays for travellers using the MRT. In some cases ridiculous delays.

I hate these kinds of checks because they're patently useless. What do they do? They poke a stick into your bag, and if you're carrying enough junk, they won't go to the trouble of looking closely. You could smuggle a dozen different things onto the train and they wouldn't notice.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    May 2005
    I think the reason for this tight security is to intimidate the potential bad guys, not exactly to catch them.

Saka isa pa, I think you would have wanted to see that security was tightened when there is a terrorist threat kaysa naman meron na ngang threat na pasabugin yung MRT tapos naglalamierda lang yung mga sikyu na parang dedma lang sila, diba.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
DoTC bans liquids from LRT, MRT  (mmm...)