New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by s_quilicot View Post
    Oh No! Too much History, NatGeo and Discovery channel.
    We at the military and law enforcement have an ol saying "never bring your fists to a gun fight."

From experience and videos shown during my days the only times an unarmed individual would win against his/her armed foe are:

1) the armed suspect hesitated.
    2) the armed suspect was stupid enough not to point the gun at you in a moment
    3) the armed suspect had a defective gun
    4) the armed suspect's gun was in safety
    5) the chamber wasn't loaded
    6) the armed suspect's victim/s were also armed.

But w/o these circumstances I've never seen a fighting victim(weather taga UFC pa siya or pro boxer pa!) win against a smart armed suspect. If I were a suspect I wouldn't be dumb enough to engage you at reach distance, that's why I have a gun, it gives me a range advantage. The only time a smart armed suspect will engage you is from behind with a cocked gun on one hand aimed at your spine and a guillotine hold to your neck on the other so whatever you try to pull off weather you kick em on the groin, shin or bite them, the gun will automatically fire due to the jolt of pain felt by the suspect. Just a lil lesson 101 courtesy of the Armed Forces.

Laya lesson here is don't engage them. Cooperate and pray hard for them to make a dumb mistake and if they do, decision mo na yan if you wanna engage and gamble on your life.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by redorange View Post
    Carry one when I go to work and for work everyday for the past 10 years. Used to carry a Baretta 96D .40 S&W law enforcement model w/o safety. Now it's a HK P2000 .40 S&W in a tactical holster with 2 mags of 11 rounds each in my duty belt and 11 rounds in the gun and one in the chamber. Figure if I can't hit you with 34 rounds I probably shouldn't be shooting in the first place. If I don't need to shoot I have my pepper spray and my 26" extendable steel baton. Overall I carry about 30-35 pounds of gear when I am at work which is everything mentioned and two sets of handcuffs, a personal radiation detector, and the body armor.

Off duty I only bring the baton and spray unless I the place is real dangerous and that makes me question why I was there to start with.
    just curious. in all your ten years of carrying a gun to work, did you ever need to use it?

3. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by SaberRider View Post
    We at the military and law enforcement have an ol saying "never bring your fists to a gun fight."

From experience and videos shown during my days the only times an unarmed individual would win against his/her armed foe are:

1) the armed suspect hesitated.
    2) the armed suspect was stupid enough not to point the gun at you in a moment
    3) the armed suspect had a defective gun
    4) the armed suspect's gun was in safety
    5) the chamber wasn't loaded
    6) the armed suspect's victim/s were also armed.

But w/o these circumstances I've never seen a fighting victim(weather taga UFC pa siya or pro boxer pa!) win against a smart armed suspect. If I were a suspect I wouldn't be dumb enough to engage you at reach distance, that's why I have a gun, it gives me a range advantage. The only time a smart armed suspect will engage you is from behind with a cocked gun on one hand aimed at your spine and a guillotine hold to your neck on the other so whatever you try to pull off weather you kick em on the groin, shin or bite them, the gun will automatically fire due to the jolt of pain felt by the suspect. Just a lil lesson 101 courtesy of the Armed Forces.

Laya lesson here is don't engage them. Cooperate and pray hard for them to make a dumb mistake and if they do, decision mo na yan if you wanna engage and gamble on your life.

Teacher teacher paturo naman.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
Do You Carry A Weapon Outside Your House?