New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by RafRaf
    How about kung ibang tao ang sumakay... sinasabihan niyo rin ba na mag-seatbelt?... kahit sa back seats nakasakay.
    yes, i always insist to my front passenger to buckle up. in fact, i told one of my passengers that i would not start my car if she doesn't buckle up. i learned from one of my bosses ( a foreigner), he would ask anyone who would not buckle up to get out of his car if they insist of not wearing a seatbelt.

What if you are the passenger sa ibang sasakyan... nag-seatbelt pa rin ba kayo?
    i'm more worried if other people would drive for me....that's why i don't feel comfortable seating in front if the vehicle doesn't have a front seat belt.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Specifically here in the Philippines... do you bother to buckle up (safety belt) before you drive off? How about if you ride as a passenger, do you still buckle up? Do you tell your kids to buckle up? Do you tell your passengers to buckle up? Do you use your seatbelt(s) at all?
    yup I do, even long before it was required to wear it.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yes, regardless of the situation. once i step in a vehicle, it's SOP for me to buckle up, whether i'm the driver or passenger.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yes, all the time. kahit short trip lang i make sure myself and my whole family are wearing seat belts. may baby seat din for the baby.

hirap un 2 year old namin sobra kulit, tinatanggal yung seat belt. so sometimes i need to stop the car just to buckle her back again.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i always wear also..kahit sobrang lapit lang ng pinupuntahan ko...kahit inaasar ako ng mga kaibigan ko na diyan lang sa kanto kami pupunta..seatbelts save lives like what the others have said..tsaka pag hindi ako nakaseatbelt parang nakahubad ako..panget ng feeling.binili mo yung sasakyan na kasama yan e..why not use it then kung nandyan din..sayang naman kung hindi magamit..hehehe
    Got Mazda?-http://www.MAZDAtech.org [SIZE="1"]est. 2000[/SIZE]
    got mazda 2? -> mazda2ners

6. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Yes, even 5 year old kid and helper.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    sad to say but i dont.... i just bukle up when i drive on highways.. edsa or i feel like it... because i dont feel comfortable with it.. its like pressing my stomach or sumthing

8. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    yes, i always do and i always insist on my passengers to wear seatbelt as well.
    pag sa loob ng subdivision hindi na pinakamabilis na kasi yun' 40kph pero pag rav4 dala mo obligado kahit malapit maingay yun seatbelt alarm.

9. Join Date
    May 2004
    Think of it as a good habit. Its like brushing your teeth after a meal or turning lights off when leaving a room. As simple as those tasks that save something. With the toothbrush, you'll have healthy teeth & turning off lights save you money. Think of the seatbelt as a device that will save your life which is the most important thing, isn't it? Some people complain about discomfort or it messes up their clothes or wearing one is simply a waste of time.

We just have to remind ourselves that accidents do happen during the least time we expect them to happen. They all come in many different ways even when we are very careful. An accident can happen by another driver's fault.

So, don't be too overconfident that nothing will happen. And if it does happen without your seatbelts on, I guarantee you, its the most uncomfortable situation with you just wearing shabby hospital gown and you are just lying down in the hospital bed really just wasting time. Then all your excuses for not wearing seatbelts wouldn't justify all the inconveniences you are experiencing while being hospitalized.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yup. even before way back... even more when I'm a passenger. I also asked my front seat passenger to wear the seatbelts.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Do you bother to buckle up (in the Phils)?