New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    just came across this video from youtube, an electric drag racer. actually makes sense 'cause an electric motor is supposed to give out huge torque which you will need in a drag race.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAYrsEOxqYc"]YouTube - Electric Car Drag Racing | Oregon Field Guide | OPB[/ame]

2. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    so whatever happened to the PH electric car scene?

i'm really really tempted to get a cheap used suzuki alto, rip out the engine and put in electric bits

3. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Hangat walang battery na mabilis ma charge at matagal magamit e hindi mag boboom ang e car.. sana may ma invent na at super affordable.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by dishcom View Post
    Hangat walang battery na mabilis ma charge at matagal magamit e hindi mag boboom ang e car.. sana may ma invent na at super affordable.

it's not gonna be super affordable coz batteries are expensive. not yet at least

charging time for lithium-ion is very decent, especially the bottom half i.e. zero to around half-full can be charged very rapidly without detrimental effects

cycle life and calendar life for li-ion is very good already. 8 years no problem. after that you could probably use it for home electricity storage

5. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodka View Post
    it's not gonna be super affordable coz batteries are expensive. not yet at least

charging time for lithium-ion is very decent, especially the bottom half i.e. zero to around half-full can be charged very rapidly without detrimental effects

cycle life and calendar life for li-ion is very good already. 8 years no problem. after that you could probably use it for home electricity storage
    I think dapat mas mabilis pa. Parang standard petrol lang na kinakarga for a few minutes and can run for alot of hours.. it that happen im sure e car will boom.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by dishcom View Post
    I think dapat mas mabilis pa. Parang standard petrol lang na kinakarga for a few minutes and can run for alot of hours.. it that happen im sure e car will boom.

yep that'll get invented eventually. but for now this is what we've got. for daily commutes a "slow" 2 or 3 hour charge at night is really good enough

charging time isn't the limiting factor right now, it's COST. batteries are expensive. that's why Elon Musk is building the gigafactory

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    If you want to perform a conversion, you can talk to the guys at MD Juan who do the E-Jeep. I think they offer conversion packages. Or they did, at least the last time I asked. They've rolled out another series of E-Jeeps over the past year, so they may still have the parts for it.

There are several other local groups building E-trikes and E-Jeeps. Some specialize in controllers, others motors, others batteries... the scene is small, but actually growing.

One of the more interesting ones is this:
    https://www.facebook.com/etroev/

Their "Agila" electric bike has a pretty powerful motor. 18hp equivalent, if I recall, and it's powered by lithium-ion batteris. Heavy-arse bike, but it's the fastest electric-bike I've ever ridden... easily equivalent in power to a 250cc or higher bike, with instant torque.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Diy electric car