New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    getting wired is expensive. sulitin ko DSL namin kaya sa net na lang ako nagbabasa ng news i read inq7.net and philstar.com at least, and i find their sports section lacking ehehe

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    everyday din kami may jaryo na libre,
    pero ang ibang tsikoteer lang pag week end lang bumibili lalo na kung linggo mas malakas .kasi baon na nina Dong & Inday
    pang sapin sa Bermuda grass (pwede din pantakip ng Mukha)sa Rizal park,Wild life & Luneta

mas madami cguro gagamit pa din ng Jaryo compare sa news sa Net

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    i read the news online, though mas mukhang ok pag me hard copy but then masasanay kana din, i read mostly the regulars, opinion ng inquirer, headline, other news sa star, lifestyle and sunday magazine, although most sundays we bought newspaper, kasi pag sunday madaming ads, and makapal diyaryo parang mas sulit, i dont read manila bulletin kasi feeling ko parang puro ads lang... and colums are better at star and inquirer

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by cutedoc View Post
    i read the news online, though mas mukhang ok pag me hard copy but then masasanay kana din, i read mostly the regulars, opinion ng inquirer, headline, other news sa star, lifestyle and sunday magazine, although most sundays we bought newspaper, kasi pag sunday madaming ads, and makapal diyaryo parang mas sulit, i dont read manila bulletin kasi feeling ko parang puro ads lang... and colums are better at star and inquirer
    malabo mawala ang jaryo sa buhay natin.
    kahit mahina benta (like manila bulletin)

pero madami ang Ads,,jan mas malakas kumikita ang bulletin sa ads na lang sila naka focus kaya wala na sila pakialam kung maganda mga article nila or interesting pa mga column nila

noong araw piso lang halos ang tubo nila per newspaper.pero sa Ads,
    inaabot sila ng hundred thousand depende kung saan naka place ang Ads mo kung front page, centerfold ,back front page at kung color ang ads mo or black and white ,

depende din kung fullpage or size ng Ads (ito malaki ang bayad lalo na kung colored at nasa centerfold ka or back front page or page 2)

kaya kung may makakapasyal sa inyo sa mga newspaper company ..
    halos araw araw ang dami ang return na hindi nabebenta na jaryo.
    bebenta naman nila ito sa mga recycling paper company as waste or per kilo
    (another income)
    kaya sa ads kumikita ang mga malalaking jaryo MB.INQ at Philstar

5. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    I'd happily go back to paper if we could find ways to adblock carp......

6. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Why newspapers will not die:

- you cannot wrap fish using TV, radio or computer
    - it is still faster to open a page than to boot up
    - you can't risk your computer getting wet in the toilet
    - you can hold your newspaper with one hand, and toilet paper in the other. A computer will need a desk of some sort
    - You can go back to the same article with ease; even with some DVR, it's still more difficult to do the same on TV
    - You can skip the ad pages without much thought
    - No need to go on-line to read
    - You can't provide 10 computers to guests waiting in your reception area

7. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Or we could just order our maids to read the news through the door.

Edit problem solved..

8. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    I still prefer to read the news on paper. We only get MB on the weekends pero when I was working (on vacation from work ako ngayon eh! hehe), I have a daily subcription of Inquirer delivered fresh every morning, on top of the Phil. Star that Jollibee used to deliver to my office at dawn before going home in the morning everyday after work (graveyard shift)!

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    for me, news paper pa din. mas kumpleto at merong komiks...

10. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by the_wildthing View Post
    Why newspapers will not die:

- you cannot wrap fish using TV, radio or computer
    - it is still faster to open a page than to boot up
    - you can't risk your computer getting wet in the toilet
    - you can hold your newspaper with one hand, and toilet paper in the other. A computer will need a desk of some sort
    - You can go back to the same article with ease; even with some DVR, it's still more difficult to do the same on TV
    - You can skip the ad pages without much thought
    - No need to go on-line to read
    - You can't provide 10 computers to guests waiting in your reception area
    well said

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Are days of newspapers numbered?