New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 44 of 47 FirstFirst ... 344041424344454647 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sakin lang, I think context-wise, mas "controversial" yung A&D but more on a single character's position (the Carmelengo) than the whole church...

Agree ako sayo sa setting the standard too high for the movie.

The funniest thing is that all the "protests" and "holier-than-thou" outcries actually gave the movie more publicity than it can generate on their own.

I'm sure that thousands of movie goers have never heard of the book, let alone read it, but have heard all this raucous and hoopla and went to see it just to find out what it is all about.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sorry if i reacted violently hehehe, honestly i never read the book or seen the movie but my colleagues (non christians, they are chinese and indians actually) who saw the movie karamihan sa kanila naniwala dun sa movie na yung bible pala eh gawa ni constantine at si jesus daw madami anak and i have to explain to them kung alin ang totoo at hinde.
    regarding yung muslim generalization, talaga lang na matindi ang loyalty at pagkakaisa nila pagdating sa religion.some of you might have heard or read in the news how violently they reacted when their prophet was featured in the danish newspaper.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkk
    sorry if i reacted violently hehehe, honestly i never read the book or seen the movie but my colleagues (non christians, they are chinese and indians actually) who saw the movie karamihan sa kanila naniwala dun sa movie na yung bible pala eh gawa ni constantine at si jesus daw madami anak and i have to explain to them kung alin ang totoo at hinde.
    Certainly though, you can't explain your religion to them for a FACT. Non-Christians could believe all they want what they saw in the movie and it shouldn't matter a teensy bit to you, because you don't share the same religion.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    kung tutoo man yan preservation ng tomb ni Mary Magdalene, wala sa Louvre (tama ba spelling hehehe), eh san pa ba maitatago kundi sa underground ng Vatican State mismo hehehe. Vatican pa as portrayed by Dan Brown.

it's like Pentagon. may rumor na may nuclear reactor sa ilalim daw na naka-connect daw papunta center of the earth. bomb US of A or Pentagon, destroy the world !!! hehehe
    Last edited by oldblue; June 7th, 2006 at 01:44 AM.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Sir Linkk, wag ka magalit ha, di kita inaaway... ok here goes:

20 BIG LIES IN THE DA VINCI CODE

1. The Bible was invented by Roman Emperor Constantine in the 4 th century.
    Actually the claim was the Council edited it... di naman ito insulto kay Christ.

2. The Dead Sea Scrolls and the Gnostic Gospels are the "earliest Christian records"
    Not true, but then again, not an insult...

3. The Gnostic Gospels present a positive view of the feminine.
    Maybe so, maybe not but not an insult...

4. Early Christians did not believe Jesus was God's son.
    Actually, there were a number of such heresies... Arianism (where Jesus is co-equal with, but still only created, by God) is one...
    Remember that even Sts. Peter & Paul couldn't agree on who to baptise... Not an insult...

5. The Council of Nicea [AD 325] invented the divinity of Jesus.
    I don't think this was mentioned in the book or movie...

6. Jesus was really a pagan or a witch.
    Not mentioned...

7. Jesus was married to Mary Magdalene.
    Nope, not an insult...

8. Jesus and Mary had a child named Sarah.
    Not an insult...

9. There was a smear campaign against Mary Magdalene in Catholic tradition.
    Insult to the Church, not Jesus...

10. A secret society named the Priory of Sion started in 1099 and has protected the bones of Mary Magdalene and documents about the bloodline of Jesus Christ.
    That this exists or not is not an insult...

11. Ancient documents about the Priory were discovered in the Bibliotheque
    Nationale in Paris in 1975. (The Da Vinci Code refers to these alleged
    parchments as Les Dossiers Secrets.)
    Again, not an insult...

12. There are historical lists of the Grand Masters of the Priory of Sion.
    Not insult...

13. The Holy Grail is not the cup used at the Last Supper but the bones of Mary Magdalene.
    Not insult...

14. The Knights Templar guarded the bones of Mary Magdalene and four huge chests of ancient documents about the bloodline of Jesus Christ and the French kings who descended from Him.
    Not an insult...

15. Leonardo da Vinci was once the Grand Master of The Priory of Sion.
    Not an insult...

16. Leonardo da Vinci placed Mary Magdalene next to Jesus in his famous painting The Last Supper.
    I wouldn't mind being painted by Leonardo Da Vinci...

17. The Catholic Church killed 5 million women during the Witchcraft Inquistion.
    Not an insult... we can no more blame Jesus for the Church's atrocities than we can blame Him for Bro. Mike's extreme kabaduyan.

18. French President Francois Mitterand ordered 666 panes of glass in the pyramid at the front entrance to the Louvre.
    Not an insult...

19. Early Jewish as well as Christian tradition involved *** ritualism in worship.
    I think the claim was that this practice was pagan (which is true... ahh temple prostitutes... now that's a good idea! ). Not an insult...

20. True worship involves *** ritualism. The da Vinci Code states that "historically,
    Intercourse was the act through which male and female experienced God" and that "by communing with woman … man could achieve a climatic instant when his mind went totally blank and he could see God." The da Vinci Code will bring great harm to every innocent religious seeker who follows its endorsement of *** ritual as the path to God.
    Again, the claim was that this was a pagan practice... a practice which certainly pre-dates Christianity, Judaism, and Abraham from Ur of the Chaldees... agian not an insult.

Finally, Mr. Brown presents Mary Magdalene as the favored disciple... still only a disciple, and not equal to our Lord, Jesus...

So hey, no insults... if these reasons should be used to ban the movie, then the INC, Mormons, Muslims, all non-Catholics should be banned, too.

I think it is wonderful that the movie has given you a chance to explain your faith to the non-Christians.

Btw, am a Catholic and fervent believer in the Trinity.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    haha.... 11 years ata akong all girls Catholic school na nag-aral...... sa kahigpitan ng mga madre, natuto akong magkaron ng Faith.....

7. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Buti pang mga taong walang faith. Walang pasigaw sigaw ng "ban! ban!", walang rally, walang arte.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by picantorange
    Buti pang mga taong walang faith. Walang pasigaw sigaw ng "ban! ban!", walang rally, walang arte.

Hehe tenkyu tenkyu.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Di ko pa napapanood ang movie pero nagclaim ba ang author nito na ito ay true to life story? kung hindi ibig sabihin nito ay fiction lang at kathang isip lang ng author, walang masama dito kung fiction lang ito,talagang iba sa pinapaniwalaan natin kasi ginawa niya ito para lang ma entertain ang mga manonood at kumita ang pelikula, meron pang nag sasabi na kailangan iBAN dahil fiction ito, bakit diba halos lahat naman ng movies ay mga fiction din, katulad ng Titanic sino ang naniniwala na ganoon ang nagyari sa totoong buhay na merong paliyadliyad pa yung babae(kate winstlet) sa unahan ng barko. PARA SA AKIN kathang isip lang yan to entertain ang movie goers. kaya hindi na dapat pinagtatalunan yan dahil yan talaga ang gusto ng producer na pagusapan para maging curious ang mga tao at panoorin ang pelikula at siguradong pera.
    Last edited by raine; June 7th, 2006 at 10:04 PM.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by margaux
    haha.... 11 years ata akong all girls Catholic school na nag-aral...... sa kahigpitan ng mga madre, natuto akong magkaron ng Faith.....
    wat kind of faith?

Da Vinci Code