New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 42 of 47 FirstFirst ... 32383940414243444546 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    ung me e-book ni2ng davinci pede paemail?
    pa pm po kung meron, pm ko rin sau ung email ko, salamat

2. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    ^ Mura lang naman ang book e. Bumili ka na lang. Hindi pa illegal.

Quote Originally Posted by stinkaboy
    Linguists call for "Da Vinci Code" ban

The Malaysian Linguistic Association (MALAS) has echoed calls by other parties to ban the controversial movie The Da Vinci Code.

The film is an adaptation of the best-selling novel that deals with some aspects of the Christian faith.But the objection by Malas has nothing to do with theology because " we don't even know who Theo is", says its president Ambi Mohan.

The association's chief objection is, instead, linguistic. " For too long we have sat by and allowed language to be polluted but we have decided that enough's enough.The da vinci code should be banned because we don't want to encourage youngsters to use "da" as a lazy shorthand for "the". We see this in rap lyrics, he claims. All this talk about "handing out with da hoes". You should be hanging out with THE hoes. This sort of begs the question of why someone would want to hang out with the gardening implements to begin with, but I am not here to question lifestyle choices, merely spelling, grammar and semantics.

He said the association might reconsider its protests if the filmmakers changed The The Vinci Code. " But even this is problematic because having two "thes" in a row look ugly.So the film should be called The Vinci Code.

The film's producers could not be reached for comment.

tawa ako ng tawa dito hehehe
    Sobrang natangahan talaga ako dito sa argumentong to.
    Last edited by picantorange; May 29th, 2006 at 12:19 AM.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkaboy
    Linguists call for "Da Vinci Code" ban

The Malaysian Linguistic Association (MALAS) has echoed calls by other parties to ban the controversial movie The Da Vinci Code.

The film is an adaptation of the best-selling novel that deals with some aspects of the Christian faith.But the objection by Malas has nothing to do with theology because " we don't even know who Theo is", says its president Ambi Mohan.

The association's chief objection is, instead, linguistic. " For too long we have sat by and allowed language to be polluted but we have decided that enough's enough.The da vinci code should be banned because we don't want to encourage youngsters to use "da" as a lazy shorthand for "the". We see this in rap lyrics, he claims. All this talk about "handing out with da hoes". You should be hanging out with THE hoes. This sort of begs the question of why someone would want to hang out with the gardening implements to begin with, but I am not here to question lifestyle choices, merely spelling, grammar and semantics.

He said the association might reconsider its protests if the filmmakers changed The The Vinci Code. " But even this is problematic because having two "thes" in a row look ugly.So the film should be called The Vinci Code.

The film's producers could not be reached for comment.

tawa ako ng tawa dito hehehe
    I hope you guys aren't taking this seriously. This article was a spoof, it's not real.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi
    saw in the newspaper that a group burned books and cds of the Da Vinci Code. hehe, ang labo nila, where did they get those materials, binili nila diba? e di kumikita si Dan Brown sa pagsusunog nila.lalo pang matutuwa si Dan Brown sa pinaggagawa nila :p

oo nga..haha..

basta ako after ko manuod walang epekto sakin..maganda ang movie at un nalang un..hindi un basis na magbago ang pananampalataya ko kay Lord... ang importante gumawa tayo ng mabuti sa kapwa natin..ano man ang nakaraan wala ng magbabago dun..IMO lang naman.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by shopaholic
    I hope you guys aren't taking this seriously. This article was a spoof, it's not real.
    buti na lang sinabi mo.... la lang. hehehe

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    if not for the publicity created, di siguro kumita tong Da Vinci Code movie. I find X-Men more amusing. Galing!!!

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    dapat lang na i ban ang movie na to, di ko lang talaga ma take yung pang iinsulto, kay Jesus Christ at di ko rin maintindihan why some of those so called Christians are allowing it. bakit??

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    its a work of fiction pare, imho i think anyone who is over 18 (PG-18 to di ba) has already a firm grasped of his religion and can already decide from himself if a 2.5 hour movie has altered his belief.

imho tame pa nga ito nakita mo ba yung the last temptation of jesus christ by martin scorsese (may scene pa dun na nag iniimagine ni JC na nag ma-making love sila ni Mary Magdalene...)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Last_Temptation_of_Christ

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    basta ako hindi ko pa ito pinapanood so may pag-asa pa akong pumasok sa Heaven. :evillaugh

kayong mga nanood na, no chance na kayo

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i know its a work of fiction and its a big joke, pero why allow it? Its like insulting your mother then sasabihin sau, joke lang pare wag kang pikon. kung yung mga muslim brothers nga natin i potray ma lang si mahomed ng di maganda, suicide bomber na katapat mo.

Da Vinci Code