New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 27 of 47 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Funny, 'yung cousin ko rin na-dupe ng mga pirates. Da Vinci docu din 'yung nakuha niya.

I bet most of the people who are trying to block its release haven't even read the novel yet, like that spokesperson guy who admitted it in the news (forgot who it was). Token disapproval! Kakainis. All that hullabaloo just made the public more curious about this film; hence, more will watch. Any story that stimulates a person's mind is good enough for me.

I'm sure it will be one of the few movies that turn out better than the novels they were based on. I wasn't impressed by Dan Brown's writing style!

2. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    bro baka pwede rin makahingi ng .pdf copy ng Da vinci code and Angel and Demons

thanks in advance

3. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    oo nga sana ipalabas na lang wala na ako time magbasa ng libro. yun nga LOTR saka Harry Potter sa sine ko lang talaga nalaman ang istorya.

if they're keen on banning it, ban the book as well.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jipi
    bro baka pwede rin makahingi ng .pdf copy ng Da vinci code and Angel and Demons

thanks in advance
    Is this for me ba? PM your e-mail addy to me. And I'm a girl po.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    IMHO, magaling yung pagkakaweave nung story sa mga ibang parts ng history na would make you think na mas totoo nga yung nasa book, etc... ala-Og Mandino and Anne Rice. I wonder nga lang kung gano kaganda yung screen play nung movie...sana di matulad sa Queen of the Damned screen-adaptation.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Critics crucify 'Da Vinci Code' in Cannes

CANNES, France -- The most hotly-awaited movie of the year, "The Da Vinci Code," failed to crack an audience of movie critics here at a sneak preview ahead of Wednesday's opening of the Cannes Film Festival.
    Several whistles instead of applause were all that greeted the end of Ron Howard's 125-million-dollar film, and worse than that, the 2,000-strong audience even burst out laughing at the movie's key moment.

"I didn't like it very much. I thought it was almost as bad as the book. Tom Hanks was a zombie. Thank goodness for Ian McKellen. It was overplayed, there was too much music and it was much too grandiose," said Peter Brunette, critic for the US daily The Boston Globe.

The film version of Dan Brown's mega-best selling book premieres in Cannes on Wednesday before going on worldwide release on Friday. It stars Tom Hanks as symbologist Robert Langdon, called in after the curator of the Louvre is found murdered, his body splayed out covered in symbols.

Langdon and French police cryptologist Sophie Neveu, played by French actress Audrey Tautou, find themselves ensnared in a mystifying hunt to track down the murderer and solve a 2,000-year-old riddle.

The book has already sold some 50 million copies worldwide, been translated into 44 languages and spawned a spin-off tourist industry as well as whipping up a controversy. All ingredients to ensure that it will undoubtedly draw the crowds.

The greatest controversy has been stirred by the book's central theme that Jesus Christ married and had children whose descendants still survive today.

Thus book's detractors will no doubt be comforted to hear that when Hanks reveals who is supposedly the last surviving descendant of Jesus, the Cannes audience couldn't hold back their laughter.

"At the high point, there was laughter among the journalists. Not loud laughs, but a snicker and I think that says it all," said Gerson Da Cunha from The Times of India.

Other critics said the two and a half hour film was confusing to those who hadn't read the book.

"People were confused, there was no applause, just silence," said Margherita Ferrandino from the Italian television Rai 3.

"I have only read half the book, and then I got bored. It's terrible," she added.

"It was really disappointing. The dialogue was cheesy. The acting wasn't too bad, but the film is not as good as the book," added Lina Hamchaoui, from British radio IRN.

Despite being filmed against the backdrop of some of Paris' and London's most impressive and historic buildings -- Howard was even given unprecedented permission to film inside the Louvre -- the film fails to convince, becoming more of a drama-documentary with its overuse of historic flashbacks and other devices to tell the tale.

Hanks seems to get bogged down in the interminable dialogue, whereas Tautou, so brilliant in "Amelie," fails to make an impression.

McKellen however received plaudits for his portrayal of Holy Grail expert Sir Leigh Teabing, playing his role with the right amount of wit and humor.

And Paul Bettany is suitably menacing as a self-flagellating albino monk on a mission to kill.

The film was due to open the 59th Cannes Film Festival later Wednesday, before the real competition gets underway on Thursday, with 20 films competing this year for the coveted Palme d'Or.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Approved na yung movie by MTRCB R-18 ang rating.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by lightning099
    Critics crucify 'Da Vinci Code' in Cannes

CANNES, France -- The most hotly-awaited movie of the year, "The Da Vinci Code," failed to crack an audience of movie critics here at a sneak preview ahead of Wednesday's opening of the Cannes Film Festival.
    Several whistles instead of applause were all that greeted the end of Ron Howard's 125-million-dollar film, and worse than that, the 2,000-strong audience even burst out laughing at the movie's key moment.

"I didn't like it very much. I thought it was almost as bad as the book. Tom Hanks was a zombie. Thank goodness for Ian McKellen. It was overplayed, there was too much music and it was much too grandiose," said Peter Brunette, critic for the US daily The Boston Globe.

The film version of Dan Brown's mega-best selling book premieres in Cannes on Wednesday before going on worldwide release on Friday. It stars Tom Hanks as symbologist Robert Langdon, called in after the curator of the Louvre is found murdered, his body splayed out covered in symbols.

Langdon and French police cryptologist Sophie Neveu, played by French actress Audrey Tautou, find themselves ensnared in a mystifying hunt to track down the murderer and solve a 2,000-year-old riddle.

The book has already sold some 50 million copies worldwide, been translated into 44 languages and spawned a spin-off tourist industry as well as whipping up a controversy. All ingredients to ensure that it will undoubtedly draw the crowds.

The greatest controversy has been stirred by the book's central theme that Jesus Christ married and had children whose descendants still survive today.

Thus book's detractors will no doubt be comforted to hear that when Hanks reveals who is supposedly the last surviving descendant of Jesus, the Cannes audience couldn't hold back their laughter.

"At the high point, there was laughter among the journalists. Not loud laughs, but a snicker and I think that says it all," said Gerson Da Cunha from The Times of India.

Other critics said the two and a half hour film was confusing to those who hadn't read the book.

"People were confused, there was no applause, just silence," said Margherita Ferrandino from the Italian television Rai 3.

"I have only read half the book, and then I got bored. It's terrible," she added.

"It was really disappointing. The dialogue was cheesy. The acting wasn't too bad, but the film is not as good as the book," added Lina Hamchaoui, from British radio IRN.

Despite being filmed against the backdrop of some of Paris' and London's most impressive and historic buildings -- Howard was even given unprecedented permission to film inside the Louvre -- the film fails to convince, becoming more of a drama-documentary with its overuse of historic flashbacks and other devices to tell the tale.

Hanks seems to get bogged down in the interminable dialogue, whereas Tautou, so brilliant in "Amelie," fails to make an impression.

McKellen however received plaudits for his portrayal of Holy Grail expert Sir Leigh Teabing, playing his role with the right amount of wit and humor.

And Paul Bettany is suitably menacing as a self-flagellating albino monk on a mission to kill.

The film was due to open the 59th Cannes Film Festival later Wednesday, before the real competition gets underway on Thursday, with 20 films competing this year for the coveted Palme d'Or.

I was kinda expecting this, but I will still watch the movie out of curiousity.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The the producers/studio/tom hanks give a crap about what the "critics" say... the fact that they watched it and gave them publicity adds $$$ to their pockets...

They're so dumb, with all this fuzz, lalong manonood mga tao dahil sa controversy, edi counter-effective din sila hehe.

10. Join Date
    May 2006
    This was featured again in the National Geographic two weeks ago....doon mas malinaw kasi lahat ng sides kinuha na NatGeo....you would be enlightened more rather than ma-weaken ang faith mo.

Great series.........

Da Vinci Code