New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Ang HSBC may ganyan, pag multiple purchases sa isang lugar or area they will call you and ask kung ikaw nga gumagamit

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

2. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by kik0matsing View Post
    That's why dapat iaadapt na ung system nang banking tulad d2 sa saudi na any transaction made by credit card at atm may text message ka na matatanggap sa phone mo about the amount withdrawn sa atm at kapag sa credit card ay ung amount purchased at kung saan store nagamit credit card. . .

Lately Citibank sends text when I do a transaction.

Sent from the Twilight Zone...

3. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by kik0matsing View Post
    That's why dapat iaadapt na ung system nang banking tulad d2 sa saudi na any transaction made by credit card at atm may text message ka na matatanggap sa phone mo about the amount withdrawn sa atm at kapag sa credit card ay ung amount purchased at kung saan store nagamit credit card. . .

Ganyan ang citibank card ko. One time nag grocery kami sa shopwise, aroung 2K plus. na swipe na yung card ko pero nag error yung terminal. Sabi nung cashier, i swipe nya uli. pumayag naman ako kasi nakita ko naman ng nag error nga. maya-maya may nareceive ako na text na may details ng transaction, time, date, amount. Pinabasa ko yung text. Tinawag nya sa supervisor para maayos. Ok naman, yun nga lang laking abala..

4. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Real time ba posting ng transactions? How come minsan sa SOA magkaiba yung transaction date sa posting date? Pero real time pala alam na ng bank yun transaction?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by cast_no_shadow View Post
    Real time ba posting ng transactions? How come minsan sa SOA magkaiba yung transaction date sa posting date? Pero real time pala alam na ng bank yun transaction?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Real time ang transaction, yung settlement lang minsan ang naiiba ang timing. Kapag hindi pinindot yung settle button sa POS, need to navigate to this function via POS terminal menu, hindi mauupload yung mga captured drafts. Pwede pang reverse ang transaction as long as hindi pa nauupload (settle button) yung mga electronic draft captured. After mauupload ng establishment yung draft saka lang considered na finalized yung transaction.

Sent from the Twilight Zone...

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    The BPI card of my friend's Mom had fraudulent transactions worth P60k. She reported it already and BPI is asking her to pay the amount while the investigation takes place. I know this is the standard now but I asked my friend who works in BDO and he said that we could bargain to NOT pay the disputed transactions (mostly online gambling, grab, food panda and airline tickets)

My friend is abroad now so I will accompany her Mom to the branch for the dispute. I haven't worked in cards in DECADES so I really don't know how things work now. My friend from BDO said to reason out that that card holder is senior and the transactions don't make sense. Also, tell the branch that my friend's Mom doesn't have the funds (problem is she has a significant TIME DEPOSIT with BPI) They are with BPI for decades already so I said last resort will be to threaten to close their account.

Another problem is my friend's Mom suspects that it's her gay nephew that used her card. The gay nephew left home and can't be contacted anymore. I told my friend to manage her expectations on the dispute kasi kung SAME ADDRESS yung food panda and grab transaction, can't the bank reason negligence? Pero yung online gambling I feel may pag asa yun.

It's scary na talaga to have a high credit card limit, paano na those with 1M+ limits

Does anyone have any experience with fraud and dispute? Did you really have to pay the balance muna?

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    with a story like that,
    i do not think your friend can win his argument.

so where is the credit card now, and how was this relative able to get access to it ?
    Last edited by dr. d; December 3rd, 2023 at 08:51 PM.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    with a story like that,
    i do not think your friend can win his argument.
    What do you mean doc? The gay nephew stole the card details, though they live in the same house she didn't authorize the transactions. Ang mahirap how to prove na hindi authorized Though they can always check the card history sa pattern of transactions.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    What do you mean doc? The gay nephew stole the card details, though they live in the same house she didn't authorize the transactions. Ang mahirap how to prove na hindi authorized Though they can always check the card history sa pattern of transactions.

it's like loaning a person some money.
    on the way home, said person got held up, and the money was stolen.
    does that absolve the person of the responsibility of paying back the loan?
    Last edited by dr. d; December 3rd, 2023 at 09:01 PM.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    put yourself in the credit card provider's shoes.
    would you believe your own story?
    I told my friend nga to manage their expectations on the dispute. I feel like there's a good chance on the online gambling transactions pero malabo sa grab and food panda. Airline tickets I don't know, if it hasn't been used then probably pwede ma approve.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Credit Card Scam