The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hwag nyo na lang pansinin yan.
    they are paid to do so.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    pag nasa CA na it's the time to negotiate.. tell your cousin to negotiate.. kasi usually kahit magkano basta may masingil lang sila ok na yun.. wala na kasi sa banks yan.. nabenta na na nila yan don sa collecting agent so any amount that you can pay ok na yan.. halimbawa 100T ang utang.. kahit 10T kakagatin na nila yan..

3. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    yung cc ng sanpits ko metrobank.
    thank you sa mga sumagot pero ang gusto ko sana maaksyunan yung mga manggagantso.
    boss GH, pa lock or erase ng thread. magkaroon pa ng idea or lalo lang makakapagpalakas ng loob ng mga di nagbabayad utang.

thank you mga friends!

4. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Hudas does not pay...

Credit-card fraud could mean fine, jail for holder
    February 22, 2015 10:04 pm
    by PERSIDA ACOSTA

Dear PAO,

I just received a call from a collector-agent about my unpaid credit-card obligation. I was told that if I do not pay, I will be charged with violation of Republic Act 8484. I have been having a hard time paying my debts because of my illness. If I failed to pay, would I be jailed?

Khailee

Dear Khailee,

The law you are referring to in your letter is Republic Act 8484 or the Access Devices Regulation Act of 1998. As defined, access device means any card, plate, code, account number, electronic serial number, personal identification number, or other telecommunications service, equipment, or instrumental identifier, or other means of account access that can be used to obtain money, goods, services, or any other thing of value or to initiate a transfer of funds (other than a transfer originated solely by paper instrument (Section 3 (a) RA 8484).

Based on the above definition, a credit card is an access device, the fraudulent use of which may subject the perpetrator thereof to imprisonment and fine.

In your situation, just because you failed to settle your obligation with the credit-card company does not mean you are criminally liable. Under the aforesaid law, however, one may be imprisoned and fined for using a credit card even if validly issued, with intent to defraud. This is particularly prohibited under Section 9 (j) of the law, which provides as follows:

“Section 9. Prohibited Acts. – The following acts shall constitute access-device fraud and are hereby declared to be unlawful:
    xxx

(j) obtaining money or anything of value through the use of an access device, with intent to defraud or with intent to gain and fleeing thereafter;

xxx”

Also, it is presumed that the holder of a credit card intended to defraud, if he/she abandons or surreptitiously leaves his place of employment, business or residence without notifying the credit-card company of the place where he/she may be found and that his/her outstanding and unpaid balance is past due for at least ninety (90) days and is more than Ten thousand pesos (P10,000.00) (Section 14, RA 8484).

If you are having a hard time paying your obligation because of the financial crisis you are undergoing, you could propose to the credit-card company on how you can pay obligation little by little. Never run away from your obligation as this could make you liable under the Access Devices Regulation Act of 1998.

Again, we find it necessary to mention that this opinion is solely based on the facts you have narrated and our appreciation of the same. The opinion may vary when the facts are changed or elaborated.

We hope that we were able to enlighten you on the matter.
    Credit-card fraud could mean fine, jail for holder | The Manila Times Online

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Hudas does not pay...

Credit-card fraud could mean fine, jail for holder
    February 22, 2015 10:04 pm
    by PERSIDA ACOSTA

Dear PAO,

I just received a call from a collector-agent about my unpaid credit-card obligation. I was told that if I do not pay, I will be charged with violation of Republic Act 8484. I have been having a hard time paying my debts because of my illness. If I failed to pay, would I be jailed?

Khailee

Dear Khailee,

The law you are referring to in your letter is Republic Act 8484 or the Access Devices Regulation Act of 1998. As defined, access device means any card, plate, code, account number, electronic serial number, personal identification number, or other telecommunications service, equipment, or instrumental identifier, or other means of account access that can be used to obtain money, goods, services, or any other thing of value or to initiate a transfer of funds (other than a transfer originated solely by paper instrument (Section 3 (a) RA 8484).

Based on the above definition, a credit card is an access device, the fraudulent use of which may subject the perpetrator thereof to imprisonment and fine.

In your situation, just because you failed to settle your obligation with the credit-card company does not mean you are criminally liable. Under the aforesaid law, however, one may be imprisoned and fined for using a credit card even if validly issued, with intent to defraud. This is particularly prohibited under Section 9 (j) of the law, which provides as follows:

“Section 9. Prohibited Acts. – The following acts shall constitute access-device fraud and are hereby declared to be unlawful:
    xxx

(j) obtaining money or anything of value through the use of an access device, with intent to defraud or with intent to gain and fleeing thereafter;

xxx”

Also, it is presumed that the holder of a credit card intended to defraud, if he/she abandons or surreptitiously leaves his place of employment, business or residence without notifying the credit-card company of the place where he/she may be found and that his/her outstanding and unpaid balance is past due for at least ninety (90) days and is more than Ten thousand pesos (P10,000.00) (Section 14, RA 8484).

If you are having a hard time paying your obligation because of the financial crisis you are undergoing, you could propose to the credit-card company on how you can pay obligation little by little. Never run away from your obligation as this could make you liable under the Access Devices Regulation Act of 1998.

Again, we find it necessary to mention that this opinion is solely based on the facts you have narrated and our appreciation of the same. The opinion may vary when the facts are changed or elaborated.

We hope that we were able to enlighten you on the matter.
    http://www.manilatimes.net/credit-card-fraud-could-mean-fine-jail-for-holder/164953/

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by _Qwerty_ View Post
    pag nasa CA na it's the time to negotiate.. tell your cousin to negotiate.. kasi usually kahit magkano basta may masingil lang sila ok na yun.. wala na kasi sa banks yan.. nabenta na na nila yan don sa collecting agent so any amount that you can pay ok na yan.. halimbawa 100T ang utang.. kahit 10T kakagatin na nila yan..
    Eh di mas lalo na huwag making negotiate Sa mga CA. If meron na pangbayad go directly to the bank. Doon makipag negotiate huwag Sa CA.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto View Post
    Wala pa rin kwenta yan. Just to be clear I'm not in favor of not paying one's debt. But the RA 8484 is useless for CC debtors it can't be used against them.

The geez if I remember correctly 8484 is when you applied for CC you used a fictitious name etc.

But iba naman Ang defaulter eh. They applied using their real name hinde lang nakabayad. Panakot Lang ng mga CA yabn

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123