New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    DIY the minor maintenance stuff in your car like changing oil and sparkplugs, labor in the gasoline shops are getting expensive.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    dont go the grocery store/supermaeket with an empty stomach.
    so that you wont crave every food you'll see

3. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    when i was still in 2nd year college (2-3 years ago), we did an assessment if we could survive without our parents. surprisingly, i spend and average of P65,000 a month... dun ko lang na-realize na ang gastos ko pala. imagine kung P20k ang starting ko if mag-work ako, uutang ako ng P45k a month at hindi pa ako bayad sa autoloan, house loan, food sa bahay, hospital bills, electric bills, landline bills, internet, and water. it took me a while para magstart magtipid, after 3 years laki na ng nabawas...

+no more monthly trips to emphasis salon/basement salon... nagpakalbo ako...
    +no more massage sa urban spa...
    +no more new basketball, tennis, soccer shoes for me this year...
    +no new phones, kung ano makuha ko ng free sa line, yun lang...
    +i dont play sa internet cafes anymore...
    +no more bayad sa mga gimiks, and treating the ladies a drink... only bayad sa parking boy, sumasama na lang ako sa mga vip para libre...
    +i eat at the cafeteria na lang during school days at hindi na sa labas.
    +stopped using supplements (although gagamit ulit ako after a while) even ako nagiimport nito... puro milk na lang
    +no more full tanks para hindi ako tempted umalis lagi...
    +no more weekly trip to drving range...
    +no more go-karts...
    +no more explorer or any euro car, just a new 1.6l car na lang this month hopefully...
    +no more dvds, i just borrow dvds from friends...
    +no more deliveries tuwing hapon ng pizza... yakisoba or milk na lang...
    +no more weekly trips to armani, levis, or ck... greenhills na lang...
    +no more new PCs... tutal gumagana pa naman...
    +limited lang pagbili ng ps2 games, tutal may nba live naman...
    +i dont order foods sa restaurants na hindi ko naman uubusin...
    +if may sobra, pinapabalot ko na lang...
    +sa gym ako naliligo, shower lang sa house...
    +sa office sa loob ng house ako natutulog minsan para tipid sa air-con...
    +water lang iniinom ko sa starbucks or seattles...
    +less visits sa dermatologist...
    +if isang place lang pupuntahan namin nun friends ko, nakikisabay na lang ako para tipid sa parking...
    +no more oakley shades for me this year...

even though minsan iniisip ko kung bakit ako magtitipid, tutal may mga kilala ako na sobrang gastos at considered pa akong matipid, kasi hindi ako bumibili ng milyones na sports cars, pero pagtingin ko sa labas ng auto ko at may namamalimos, pipiliin ko na lang ibigay ang pera sa nangangailangan kaysa gamitin ko sa mga hilig ko lang... sa business ko na lang nilagay yun pera ko, lumago pa...

4. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    nakalimutan ko pala... no boracay, palawan, wakeboarding, davao, cebu, thailand, singapore or anywhere for me tuwing summer... hintayin ko na lang ipadala ako ng magulang ko... well if ever isa lang diyan ang pupuntahan ko at make sure ko na libre ang accomodation or ticket... hehehhe

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Chip
    im not sure if this is true so any enlightenment might help
    sabi sakin kasi to gas up only late at night coz gasoline expands during the heat of the day (daw). im not sure of this but its what I do, less din kasi pila sa stations pag night e.
    what do you guys think?
    yup totoo iyan...nage expand din ang liquid fuel...kadalasan exposed kasi ang semento ng mga gas stations sa araw kaya ang UGT(underground tank) kasama ang fuel sa loob nito eh nag iinit din...

ghost, magbigay ka naman ng name ng store na binibilhan nyo ng shabu shabu sauce...noon ko pa plano iyan eh...wala ako makita sa shopwise at rustan's eh....

6. Join Date
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberdoc95
    The best way to do is to consider your priorities right now. My priorities maybe different from yours. But if you are going to ask me, I would focus on basic things like comfort at home with family, sufficient supply of food, and lastly, convenience on your trip to work. I would concentrate on these things and then I think of other activities. I would NEVER consider gutumin ang pamilya ko or for myself to be eating on a carenderia to save money just to satisfy my appetite for friday night life...That wouldn't work for me.

So, Enjoy the best with your family like having airconditioned rooms at home, eat hearty meal, and enjoy driving to work. In turn, CUT budget for clubbing, inuman, and other bisyo which would come last of the priorities.Or Cut shopping budget to half or something to this effect. I think you know what I'm trying to say..hehehe

Like what my mother always say:"In this crazy world, a hundred of things/problems/situations come rushing to you, all at the same time that need immediate attention, correct decision and prompt action. All you have to do is KNOW YOUR PRIORITIES and you'll get through life just fine"...I'm very glad I listened to her because so far, it has been working for me...
    yung mga umaangal sa gastos usually ay guilty ng "Misplaced Priorities Syndrome". Di nila madiferentiate ang "needs" sa "wants".

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    chiffster, sa arrangke market marami dun...

Quote Originally Posted by chieffy
    magbigay ka naman ng name ng store na binibilhan nyo ng shabu shabu sauce...noon ko pa plano iyan eh...wala ako makita sa shopwise at rustan's eh....
    Madami sa may ongpin sa binondo, pero di ko kabisado name ng mga shops.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    anyone can think of the best way to save up. Theres a ga-zillion ways to save up. The best line I could think of is (I know this is from a movie I watched before), simplify, modify and economize For me, the most important thing to do is set your priorities straight. For example, remember the time that you wanted that booming sound in your car? how bout the new wheels? how bout the new gadgets and stuff you wanted to add in your car? How come you were able to save up for that? Basically, priorities will really dictate your cashflow. If you don't plan your cashflow, nothings going to work. I monitor my own expenses by taking note of my daily expenses money in money out.Then I set priorities or how much I want to cut down on. I know its a bit of a drag to every now and then you write down your expenses everytime you bring out money. But in the long run, you'd see the results of cutting down your expenses.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    dame ko natutunan sa thread na toh ah..

ako naman ang ginagawa ko is taong bahay na lang.. wala ng gimmicks.. sa bahay lang kumakaen tapos pc lang.. wala ng date date.. bisita na lang sa bahay ng babae.. hmmm.. no more gastos sa kotse.. as of now? :D hehehehe

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Cost cutting tips at this point in time...