New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    im not sure if this is true so any enlightenment might help
    sabi sakin kasi to gas up only late at night coz gasoline expands during the heat of the day (daw). im not sure of this but its what I do, less din kasi pila sa stations pag night e.
    what do you guys think?

Quote Originally Posted by Chip
    sabi sakin kasi to gas up only late at night coz gasoline expands during the heat of the day (daw). im not sure of this but its what I do, less din kasi pila sa stations pag night e.
    what do you guys think?
    Tama yan Chip. Its either gas at at night or early in the morning. Wag kang mag gas pag mainit sayang lang pera mo.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Chip
    what do you guys think?
    i think this is true....what i do to save money is i walk to work everyday. that saves me from gas, parking, pollution. although it's hot and hirap to go up the mrt to cross edsa, i still do it..imagine...i save P1500 a month on parking alone. and to beat the heat at my apartment..i go to tagaytay and stay there the whole weekend....free lodging.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    1. switching to a lower displacement car
    2. switching to diesel instead of gas rides
    3. going 'al-fresco' instead of turning on the aircon when the weather is bearable

generally speaking naman:
    1. magbaon
    2. cut down, but not necessarily stop indulging, on gimiks, vice, luxuries, etc.

with regards to washing your car...tingin mas tipid kung idadala mo na lang sa carwash...basta't on the way o di ganun kalayo ung carwash B)

5. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    instead of eating out or malling wid ur GF or wife, just cuddle * home n watch a movie. or turn off the light n sleep away.. ;)

6. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    ako masmaganda punta sa grocery nang nakacar kesa mamasahe.

Tricycle sa amin 8petot balikan 16 petot. yung gas ko mga 10 petot lang kasi wala pa 2km. parking wala naman bayad.

kaya car na lang ako.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    fuel expands when hot and it compresses when its cold i think scientifically proven na yan?

8. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    ganun ba madalas pa naman ako pagas nang 12:00 in the afternoon kaya pala minsan hindi sya tama.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Eto medyo generic...

The first step is to get out of debt. If you're paying 3.25% interest on your credit cards already, even just a 20,000 oustanding balance is 650 a month in interest.

If you are already in debt, consolidate them through the balance transfer or personal loan type of deal where they give 1-1.5% per month.

Then, stop using credit cards like extra cash. Use only what you can afford to pay in full and, always pay off your oustanding balance in full. When it is time to renew, ask for waiver of membership fee. Between 1250 to 4000 din yun depende sa type of card. Pag ayaw iwave, apply ka sa iba na free ang first year.

Put your budget/monthly spending in Excel and stick to it. And the top line should be:

Monthly Savings xxx.xx
    Gas x,500.00
    Grocery x,000.00
    etc.
    Emergency x,000.00

Put your money into a sound savings plan. Regardless kung may negosyo or empleyado, saving is your best bet. But that's another topic...

Eto sa sasakyan:

Commute. Tipid ito talaga.
    Walk. Exercise pa!
    Plan your trips. Para maganda ang route, mabilis ang biyahe, tsaka hindi pabalik-balik kung saan-saan.

At eto pa:
    Cook and eat at home as much as possible. Remember, when you eat out, you pay for salaries of waiters, purchasers, cashiers, the rent, and of course, the profit of the owner.
    Set your fridge to 2-3. Avoid storing ice cream too long as this requires a 4-5 setting.
    Turn off lights when not in use.
    Same with TV. Don't use it like a radio na naka-on lang tapos pasulyap-sulyap habang may ibang ginagawa.
    Ganon din sa computer.
    Use a glass for your pangmumog when brushing teeth.
    Synchronize bathroom peeing trips so that two or more can pee before one flush. (Medyo kadiri pero do you know how much water is used sa ordinary toilet bowl?)

HTH

10. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Yep. Iwasan magkarga ng gas pag putok na ang araw. Do a test. Karga ka ng 12mn at 12noon. May diprensya sa needle. Mas marami sa gabi.

Stay with one station only if possible. Yung reputable.

Other saving tips:
    1. Don't watch TV or use PS2. There are entertainments naman that don't require electricity. Like like reading, jogging, chess, learning acoustic guitar.
    2. Walk don't drive. Bike if you can.
    3. Patayin ang ilaw kung di kailangan. Don't use the standby function ng mga gamit.
    4. Malling is waste of time and money. Go to a park and read a poem for your love.
    5. Don't get married and hav ekids.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Cost cutting tips at this point in time...