New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Juan Martinez View Post
    that's correct! they love caucasian and abhor negros, pandaks, and laugh at how a person look. Pinoys tend to gravitate towards a person who drives a european car than the one driving a beat up supercarry.

it's not how the person look, or his lineage, or how much in his pocket, but the content of his character, his dreams, his aspirations, and where he is despite of his looks, his lineage, his education, of the amount in his pocket.

that's the essence of being a man, or a woman.
    That's what I teach my kids.Is Class Discrimination Common Among Filipinos?

Sent from my SM-T705 using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Sometimes reverse discrimination also happens. Sometimes initial impressions natin sa maayos porma, magara kotse, may pinag-aralan and/or nakaka-angat sa buhay eh mayabang or maangas.

Sent from my P01MA using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    If it's any comfort, we went to Seafood City (with Chow King, Jollibee, RR, etc) while we were at Las Vegas. The clerks there were very courteous. There were cheerful Pinoys everywhere I looked. There were more than a few who were plainly dressed (flip-flops, t-shirt, shorts). No snotty attitudes. It looks like they left behind the bad habits. So, there is hope.

Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; July 8th, 2018 at 12:39 AM.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Naalala ko tuloy iyong pretty woman scene na iyong character ni julia Roberts binastos kasi mukhang walang dalang pera sa high end boutique dahil sa pananamit niya Is Class Discrimination Common Among Filipinos?

do what you gotta do so you can do what you wanna do

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by baludoy View Post
    Naalala ko tuloy iyong pretty woman scene na iyong character ni julia Roberts binastos kasi mukhang walang dalang pera sa high end boutique dahil sa pananamit niya Is Class Discrimination Common Among Filipinos?

do what you gotta do so you can do what you wanna do
    Prostitute naman talaga siya eh. Kaya wala siyang pera and the clerk probably knows her type, Bumalik siya not with her money but her sugar daddy/client.(Richard Gere)

At least that's what I remember from that movie. Good for the narrative na clerk looking down on "poor girl". Poor gir came back and bought the whole store.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Mar 2017
    This is more on the subject of profiling than class. About 10 years ago, I was window shopping in a Perfect Pitch / Yamaha branch and had an amusing exchange with the sales person. I was in office gear, plaid buttoned shirt, slacks, leather shoes. One keyboard synthesizer caught my eye, a legendary but already out of production Roland JP-8000. I asked the sales person how much it is and his answer was "sir, hindi pang-simbahan yan." My reply was "bakit, mukha ba akong pari?" I have nothing against priests, but I can't figure out why he made that assumption.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by makinao View Post
    This is more on the subject of profiling than class. About 10 years ago, I was window shopping in a Perfect Pitch / Yamaha branch and had an amusing exchange with the sales person. I was in office gear, plaid buttoned shirt, slacks, leather shoes. One keyboard synthesizer caught my eye, a legendary but already out of production Roland JP-8000. I asked the sales person how much it is and his answer was "sir, hindi pang-simbahan yan." My reply was "bakit, mukha ba akong pari?" I have nothing against priests, but I can't figure out why he made that assumption.
    If you dont frequent music philmusic forums you wont get the pun...meaning, if youre just gonna use it of ama namin...waste of gear..

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Once when we were traveling back to Manila from HK, there was one OFW pag umasta eh akala mo kng sino, she would scold the FA as if she owns the plane, and meron din one time from Bacolod naman going Manila, meron isang bakla, the FA was helping a passenger put her luggage sa compartment bin and then the bading told the FA na tumabi at baka matatamaan siya in a maldita sarcastic tone.

Sent from my ONEPLUS 5 using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by makinao View Post
    baka may kahawig ka bishop

10. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by vinrem View Post
    Once when we were traveling back to Manila from HK, there was one OFW pag umasta eh akala mo kng sino, she would scold the FA as if she owns the plane, and meron din one time from Bacolod naman going Manila, meron isang bakla, the FA was helping a passenger put her luggage sa compartment bin and then the bading told the FA na tumabi at baka matatamaan siya in a maldita sarcastic tone.

Sent from my ONEPLUS 5 using Tapatalk
    FAs discriminate also, they encounter a lot of DHs in their flights back to the Phil. A true story I heard from an FA, in a flight back from London:
    DH: (in a British accent) Ms, can I have a glass of woatah please?
    FA: (knowing DH yun) Pardon? What is it you want?
    DH: A glass of woatah?
    FA: what? What's woatah?
    DH: Tubig
    FA: Ah, water!!! Tubig lang pala di pa sabihin! (Sabay irap)

Is Class Discrimination Common Among Filipinos?