New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Miriam? Holy crap!

Mas 'Holy crap!' at si Gloria ang may power mag-appoint!

2. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Yes, you are all forgetting that President Arroyo is the one who will choose who will be the next Chief Justice from the recommended list.

If the so-called "old boys club" wanted to block Miriam, they should have done so before she was recommended in the first place.

And lastly, evenif Miriam becomes a Chief Justice, it doesn't mean her decisions are unilateral. Take note that Supreme Court decisions are voted upon by all justices who make up the High Tribunal. It's not like she can decide on issues by herself alone.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDoom View Post
    YesAnd lastly, evenif Miriam becomes a Chief Justice, it doesn't mean her decisions are unilateral. Take note that Supreme Court decisions are voted upon by all justices who make up the High Tribunal. It's not like she can decide on issues by herself alone.
    Yes, but take the Cha-Cha issue for example. If i remember correctly, it was the Chief Justice who broke the tie and 'killed' the People's initiative. Buti na yong siguradong hindi si Miriam ang magiging tie-breaker.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by swordsman View Post
    Yes, but take the Cha-Cha issue for example. If i remember correctly, it was the Chief Justice who broke the tie and 'killed' the People's initiative. Buti na yong siguradong hindi si Miriam ang magiging tie-breaker.
    Being the "tie-breaker" person, doesn't mean anything.

In the recent cha-cha issue in the Supreme Court, Panganiban has already made up his mind on his vote. It's not like he only made his decision after seeing the votes of the other Associate Justices. The death of cha-cha in the Supreme Court cannot be blamed on Panganiban's so-called "tie-breaker" vote. The collective votes of the 8 justices killed the cha-cha.

The "tie-breaker" issue is a purely psychological interpretation, and nothing more.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    need pa raw ng mandatory psychological test before makapasa.

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by afrasay View Post
    need pa raw ng mandatory psychological test before makapasa.
    That's a standard requirement ever since.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Is it a requirement for government? Why is she still there, then?

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I don't care if she's highly qualified, experinced etc. she's still every inch a politician to me, with self interest to protect and of her boss gma

ano ba talaga gusto ni gma macontrol na niya 3 branches of govt natin? para magawa na niya lahat ng gusto niya, kaya niya ba pinipilat mag chacha para ma dissolve na a ng senate at sila lang ang lumalaban sa kanya dahil hawak na niya ang mga bayaran congressmen sa lower house

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Nakupo best friend ng nanay ni commander iyang si MDS.

Mahihilo ka sa pagka-wierd.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    Nakupo best friend ng nanay ni commander iyang si MDS.

Mahihilo ka sa pagka-wierd.
    tell me who your friends are and I tell you who you are....

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Chief Justice Miriam Defensor-Santiago?