Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    http://newsinfo.inq7.net/inquirerhea...ticle_id=30520

Miriam likes ring of RP ‘1st woman chief justice’

By Juliet Labog-Javellana
    Inquirer
    Last updated 02:27am (Mla time) 11/04/2006

Published on page A1 of the November 4, 2006 issue of the Philippine Daily Inquirer

THE woman who once said she ate death threats for breakfast likes the ring of “first woman chief justice” of the Philippines.

In a phone interview yesterday with the Inquirer, Sen. Miriam Defensor-Santiago said she would “definitely” make history in the country if she clinched that title, “and I would also be the first outsider [to make it to the post] if I am chosen.”

She confessed to being torn between other “career options,” but said she had consented to being nominated to the post that would be vacated with the retirement of Chief Justice Artemio Panganiban on his 70th birthday on Dec. 7.

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    Sobra na!!!

DOJ Sec na si Gonzalez, dagdagan pa ni Mirriam!!! OMG!!!

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    Parehong sira-ulo yang dalawang yan.

Pareho pang political prostitute bwiset

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Nakupo!!!

"I lied.... hahahahahahaha!!!!"

:starwars:

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    I don't mind some "variety" sa SC. Iba talaga pag may diversity. Pero Miriam for CJ? Hell no! Mahirap may political color ang SC, kahit highly qualified pa siya.

Miriam is an extremely intelligent person. I think she knows her chances are slim. She just savoring the attention she's getting. After all, a nomination as CJ is indeed something to talk about (see?....I've been suckered to this discussion too).

6. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    she's intelligent and qualified but when I remember ..." i lied..tas sabay tawa"...nawawalan sya ng credibility

7. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Miriam, as SC Justice?.....

Sumalosep! Pwede ba PRANING sa Supreme Court? Wala na bang iba, na pwede ilagay ang Malacanang?

8. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    I thought a CJ should come from the current SC Justices. So, pwede pala from the outside basta he/she meets the qualifications.

9. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by chua_riwap View Post
    Miriam, as SC Justice?.....

Miriam, as SC Jester!

10. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Hayyy, salamat!

Miriam vs ‘old boys club’ http://newsinfo.inq7.net/inquirerhea...ticle_id=30597

Senator: Not even 1% chance to be SC chief
    By Juliet Labog-Javellana
    Inquirer
    Last updated 02:09am (Mla time) 11/05/2006

Published on page A1 of the November 5, 2006 issue of the Philippine Daily Inquirer

SHE may be the “Iron Lady” but she does not stand a ghost of a chance of being recommended by an old boys’ club to be the country’s next Chief Justice.

This was the dim prediction made yesterday by a leading member of the Senate vis a vis the nomination of the tart-tongued Sen. Miriam Defensor-Santiago to the top post in the judiciary, which will be vacated by Chief Justice Artemio Panganiban when he retires on Dec. 7.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Chief Justice Miriam Defensor-Santiago?