New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Quote Originally Posted by pop3corn View Post
    ako naman pa-request yun bago brazilian wax
    Moderators wouldn't approve, since it's not a free **** site...

No, this Land Rover Defender 110 HCPU wasn't in Africa

Neither was this 110 SW

Both pictures taken in my most recent trip to Florianópolis, Brazil

When I'm in Brazil I usually travel in buses like this one, which was heading to Rio de Janeiro...

And this one heading to Uruguay...

Volkswagen Karmann-Ghia

These ones were made in Brazil

Citroën 2CV (Deux Cheveaux, or "Two Horsepower") from Argentina

This one has an air-cooled 602cc flat-twin engine with 32HP

5. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by cripple_rooster View Post
    It's actually a DKW, but DKW (later renamed Audi) was one of the 4 component brands of the Auto Union (that's the reason for Audi's 4 rings logo) that were Audi, DKW, Horsch and Wanderer. This one is made in Brazil, where it's often called "Vemag" due to the company that license-made them in Brazil.

The GT Malzoni is a pretty little Brazilian sports car. Fiberglass body with DKW mechanicals.

From: CC Global: GT Malzoni, Willys Interlagos, the Factory Racing War of the 1960a and the Birth of the Puma | Curbside Classic

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by cripple_rooster View Post
    Volkswagen Karmann-Ghia

These ones were made in Brazil
    i thought all karmann ghias were exclusive to der faderland...
    5 year old thread.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    From: CC Global: GT Malzoni, Willys Interlagos, the Factory Racing War of the 1960a and the Birth of the Puma | Curbside Classic

In 1962, VW started building the Karmann Ghia in Brazil, aiming to the young buyers who wanted an affordable sportscar. The gorgeous Italian design allied with the bulletproof VW mechanics made the KG an instant hit.

The anemic 36 hp 1200cc was replaced in 1967 by the VW Bus 52hp 1500cc engine and in 1970 the car received some real improvements, a slightly bigger mill with 1600cc and dual carbs and 65hp, wider rear end and front disc brakes.
    Brazil was the only country outside Germany to produce KGs; all together, VW and Karmann built a total of 41,600 cars.

I wish we still have these type of cars in the Philippines - sports car or coupe bodies with mechanicals from normal cars. But people prefer CUVs or SUVs.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by donbuggy View Post

I wish we still have these type of cars in the Philippines - sports car or coupe bodies with mechanicals from normal cars. But people prefer CUVs or SUVs.
    i blame our road system.
    i'd buy a sedan over a cuv or suv anytime, if we didn't have floods and banyera-sized craters.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
CARS of South America