New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    sabi ko nga sayo *uls, eh the reason why car sales are up is bec. of the low-downs. it's just subprime applied to cars. yan ang natutunan natin sa subprime crisis ng America.

kaya nga nakikinig lang ako sa mga kaibigan ko ngaun na nakakuha montero, crv, sorento etc. on auto loans. at ang aggressive pa 5 years to pay. 20k month may sound low pero do it in 60 months ewan ko kungdi umiyak yan. lalo na ngaun the signs are up that the Asian region is heading toward recession. tapusin lang ang computerization ng China and all hell will break loose dito sa ASia. America slumped bec. everything became computerized.

computerization means lesser jobs or job redundancy. ano kaya mangyari sa mga asian OFWs once they realize that this wealth they are experiencing right now is not forever. i just hope they survive 5 years just to pay those loans that they made. or their cars survive 5 years sa low maitenance.

that's why ako, I pool up the cash before i buy or at least 70% of the car's SRP. yun 30% madali na hulugan yun. and i'm not anymore attracted to big fancy cars. jimny, escape, fiesta, jazz ok na yun

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Yeah 20% down and 60 months to pay. Pathetic... Tawag duon living beyond your means... Wala na warranty kotse mo (assuming its not a Hyundai/Kia) and you are still being burdened by it... And your car probably lost a lot to depreciation too...

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jimnyeatworld View Post
    it's just subprime applied to cars.
    so what's gonna happen to the banks and the people who loaned kung ganun nga?

Should I expect cheap 2nd hand Monteros in 2015?

4. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    in the year 2015, all of us will be focused on electric cars and hybrids. so i guess yeah, we will be expecting cheap 2nd hand monteros. kaya nga monitor ko yan nissan leaf and honda jazz hybrid

------------

regarding subprime, just recall what happened. people who loaned lost their installment houses and the financial institutions got bailed out. in the philippine setting, i doubt if our govt. will bail out our financial and banking institutions.

pero mautak ang Pinoy, what we did is overvalue the price of cars. nowadays a vios is in sub 800K, before the financial crisis entry level compacts are in the price range of 500K. kung hindi man makabayad ang nangutang, bloated naman ang prices ng cars ngaun. makahulog lang ng 2-3 years, sa bangko pa din yun pera tapos puwede pa din rematahin at ibenta ng 2nd hand. tingin ko bawi-bawi, kung meron lang ako computer simulation financial calculator na pinapatakbo ng mga bangko ngaun, bawi talaga .. sila

kasi ang totoong pinagkakitaan naman ng subprime crisis eh hindi lang yun individual interest ng bawat nag-loan, kungdi sa dami ng nag-loloan sayo, ang dami din mag-iinvest sa'yo in the form of mutual funds/bonds. that multiplied the opportunity of the loaning bank by tenfold. sa tingin nyo ba san kinukuha ng bangko yun pinapautang nila pera sa car loans, hindi lang sa mga saving deposit natin yun imho. basta antayin ko when the bubble will burst. say hanggang saan papayag si Juan maghuhulog para makabili ng Montero or CRV. pag na-saturate yan, nakow tapos ang milking cow.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415
Car prices may be lowered in 2010 bec of JPEPA