New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Not sure if anyone here is old enough to remember the saying...

Don't buy a used car if the previous owner's address is Malabon, binabaha dun.

Or Cavite, since they are near salt water.

I first heard the Malabon phrase when my dad bought a Ford Cortina from Malabon... True enough, the car needed a full body repair before reaching age 10.

It's 2017... We all know binabaha na almost all parts of Metro Manila.

Cavite turned out to be the go to option for those buying their first house and lots.

Does the car owner's address still matter?

Sent from Zenfone 3 on Tsikot mobile app

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    ^

Cavite? ... Duh! Malaki ang Cavite boss, Tagaytay for example is still in Cavite.

With today's modern technology, electro-cathode dips, anti corrosion agents being applied to vehicle bodywork, its highly unlikely that they will rust in 5 - 10 years (I stand corrected on that though).

Re: Ford Cortina, the early Fords (European) are rust buckets talaga. Those cars literally fall apart. They rust even while standing still. The same with the old Benzes, and other "euro" models of yore. Rust proofing wasn't as high tech in those days. Plus the sheet metal used for body works was of poor quality.

BTT:

Due diligence is still vital, regardless of location.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by lowslowbenz View Post
    ^

Cavite? ... Duh! Malaki ang Cavite boss, Tagaytay for example is still in Cavite.

With today's modern technology, electro-cathode dips, anti corrosion agents being applied to vehicle bodywork, its highly unlikely that they will rust in 5 - 10 years (I stand corrected on that though).

Re: Ford Cortina, the early Fords (European) are rust buckets talaga. Those cars literally fall apart. They rust even while standing still. The same with the old Benzes, and other "euro" models of yore. Rust proofing wasn't as high tech in those days. Plus the sheet metal used for body works was of poor quality.

BTT:

Due diligence is still vital, regardless of location.
    Reminds me of my 1995 civic esi. The roof was full of bubbles I had it cut and replaced with galvanized iron and sold it immediately.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    Not sure if anyone here is old enough to remember the saying...

Don't buy a used car if the previous owner's address is Malabon, binabaha dun.

Or Cavite, since they are near salt water.

I first heard the Malabon phrase when my dad bought a Ford Cortina from Malabon... True enough, the car needed a full body repair before reaching age 10.

It's 2017... We all know binabaha na almost all parts of Metro Manila.

Cavite turned out to be the go to option for those buying their first house and lots.

Does the car owner's address still matter?

Sent from Zenfone 3 on Tsikot mobile app
    If I were to buy second hand, I would stick to sellers that live near my area. I would definitely avoid those that live in "bahain" areas.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    If I were to buy second hand, I would stick to sellers that live near my area. I would definitely avoid those that live in "bahain" areas.
    i agree.
    it's not easy, driving cross-town or even cross-province, just to see a car.

i remember when we were young.
    whenever a stainless owner type drove past, "taga-navotas or malabon yon" !
    Last edited by dr. d; August 16th, 2017 at 07:59 AM.