New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Originally posted by roninblade
    it may be that the group opposing the building of the mosque believe their reasons are valid and not at all discriminatory.

why dont all the criers of "live and let live" try to understand the other side of the issue. looking at it from the petitioners point of view, their reasons has some logic to it. i believe they're just fighting to to preserve their community and the way they live. but, if they succeed in their petition, the catholic chapel should be torn down as well. lets try to keep things even.
    My sentiments exactly. (about the chapel)...

I think the prudent course would be to allow an assigned prayer room, but no Mosque... should appease most sides of the issue. But whenever religion is brought to the fore, nobody is willing to negotiate.

In my experience, any large religious temple attracts hawkers, snatchers, beggars and all the worst sort of opportunists... whatever the religion espoused by the temple.

I've been thinking of something for a long time, and it's only now I've put my finger on it...

I've been hawked ****ographic vcds and dvds many times, but never in my experience have I been hawked ****o by a muslim... observation la-ang. :D

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    At Large : That Greenhills tempest

Updated 01:03am (Mla time) Oct 15, 2004
    By Rina Jimenez-David
    Inquirer News Service

Last July, officers of Ortigas and Co. were invited by the Federation of Greenhills Associations of San Juan led by Preciosa Soliven, who owns a Montessori School that borders the Greenhills Shopping Center, to address some issues. At that meeting, Soliven allegedly called the company officers "greedy" and "without intelligence," while at the same time appealing to their goodwill and asking them to donate part of their property along Annapolis and Missouri Streets (where Soliven's school happens to stand) to the municipality "so that additional road and parking spaces can be created for the benefit of the businesses and residents outside of Greenhills Shopping Center." The officers replied that there were indeed plans to create more parking slots over the drainage canal, to start next year.

------------------------------------------------------

may vested interest rin pala....

3. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    naalala ko yun sinabi ni quindayos na never turn your backs on muslims. may incident kasi nun 1980's yata yun na isang grupo ng mga sundalo nakikipag fish talks sa mga muslims magkaharap ata sila nun grupo sa grupo nakababa yun baril tapos sakto pagtalikod(paalis na)na nun mga sundalo kasi tapos na usapan niratrat sila---ayun lagas buti nalang may isang nabuhay to tell the whole story na feature yun sa pipo. therefore totoo yun na do not turn your back! asar na asar talaga ako sa istorya na yun buti pa yun bading pag hinamon mo makikipagharap pa sayo kahit sambunutan eh yun ewan ko lang...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    natakot ata sila... pero totoo yun kahit tanong nyo tatay nyo.. kaya kailangan pag nandun ka para kng si fernando po na kahit nakatalikod kaya bumaril hehe

5. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Originally posted by TJMaxx
    Please don't give me bleeding heart speeches for muslims. Anybody who has fought in Mindanao will tell you not to trust a Moro and not to turn your back on a Moro. Mindanao Muslims are a different breed. Sorry, but that's the way it is. We don't like them, they don't like us.

Now what would you feel if you invested your lifesavings in a house in a decent village and then here they come building a damn mosque which you know will send property prices dropping? That's the problem of all those people who bought houses in Greenhills and condos in Annapolis. Their opposition is perfectly okey because they are fighting for the safety and monetary value of their homes. Wouldn't you do the same thing too?

Peacful coexistence? Bah...Never happened...Never will...
    TJMaxx: as mentioned, have you fought in Mindanao for a single day in your life? Have you interacted with Muslims on a regular basis? Can you say convincingly, conclusively, BEYOND A SHADOW OF A DOUBT that ALL Mindanao Muslims are reprehensible in their behavior towards others? Please don't answer by way of what other people have said; answer based on your own experience. Otherwise the argument you present lacks conviction, based merely on hearsay and popular notion.

There are so-called Christians who are voicing their opposition to Muslims in general, just because certain Muslims are either dishonest or violent. HOW WOULD YOU FEEL if Muslims started hating Christians in general as well, just because certain priests/pastors molest women and children, especially young boys?

Remember your history, people: Ang mga Kristiyano ang mga totoong dayuhan dito sa bansa. Muslims have been thriving in this country way before the Spaniards came in the name of King Philip, bringing with them not just religion, but their negative attitudes as well. Muslims never surrendered Mindanao to the hands of Spain. For a minority religion, it's taking them A LOT of guts to interact with us today, descendants of the very foreigners they fought against.

Peaceful coexistence between Muslims and Christians has indeed been hard to achieve. But does that mean that you won't do anything about it? Kuntento ka na lang ba sa ganyang pamumuhay? Tsk, tsk, such a defeatist attitude.
    Last edited by Bogeyman; October 18th, 2004 at 08:33 PM.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Originally posted by boydapa
    naalala ko yun sinabi ni quindayos na never turn your backs on muslims. may incident kasi nun 1980's yata yun na isang grupo ng mga sundalo nakikipag fish talks sa mga muslims magkaharap ata sila nun grupo sa grupo nakababa yun baril tapos sakto pagtalikod(paalis na)na nun mga sundalo kasi tapos na usapan niratrat sila---ayun lagas buti nalang may isang nabuhay to tell the whole story na feature yun sa pipo. therefore totoo yun na do not turn your back! asar na asar talaga ako sa istorya na yun buti pa yun bading pag hinamon mo makikipagharap pa sayo kahit sambunutan eh yun ewan ko lang...
    sir, i never said "never turn your backs on muslims"

i have many muslim (maranao, tausug and maguindanaoan) friends myself.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    tumabi na lang kaya muna tayo...

kasi labanan lang ito ng INQ7 and Philstar, where INQ7's Vic Agustin taking cudgels for Ortigas, and of course, Philstar taking interests for the wife of Max Soliven...

ang issue dito -- parking lot! that's it.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Galing talaga no? what better way to stir up a controversial property than trigger a religious debate...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I've been hawked ****ographic vcds and dvds many times, but never in my experience have I been hawked ****o by a muslim... observation la-ang.

Haha, natanong namin sa tindera yan dati, sabi nya (no joke)

"Bawal po sa reliyon namin magbenta ng X"

Sabi ni Woulfe

"Pero Pirated ok lang kay Allah"

Natawa lang yung babae... hehe, sabay turo, sa 3rd floor kayo maghanap.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
Boycott Greenhills move launched; pabor ka ba dito?