New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    IMO - well... Bose is really overpriced compared to its competitors. Its only advantage really is its compact size.

Some bookshelf speakers costing less than 1/4 of what Bose is asking will sound better even. Bose speakers are really bright (matinis) and lacks depth.

Try auditioning for other speakers (ehem... Acoustic Research... ehem) before buying one. Then just get what sounds great for you (and is pocket friendly too).

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Got myself a set of Bose speakers a few years ago, dahil sale sila sa Fry's,- mura lang... I am satisfied with their performance...

I will not buy them if they are on regular price, so that sale was an opportunity for me....

4202:banned:

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    will you be using it for home theater set up? In my opinion its not worth it. Not because of it's price tag but mainly because I don't like the way it sounds. Matinis/matining for my taste. Try to audition other brands as well. For me, B&W gives the best bang for the buck.

Quote Originally Posted by impulzz View Post
    i said yes, listened to bose and warfedale(tama ba spellling?) so he said at that price try mo B&W, book shelf sya pero ang laki ng diff. specially sa mid range, matinis kasi ang bose.
    wharfedale

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i do have the Bose noise canceling headphones. i have to say that even at their ridiculous prices that is the one product where i don't think they have been matched yet (quality + comfort + convenience).

Bose does get trashed on audiophile sites because they price their products ridiculously for what you're getting, and they advertise themselves as the absolute cutting edge in acoustic research...which they most certainly are not.

their speakers are good middle price range items....but absolutely not the top of the range. for the money get a well-designed B&W setup and get a lot more value for the money. and if you want the ultimate aural experience go see companies like Mark Levinson

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Having tried the Bose professional Panaray 802 series in the 80’s and 90’s . I can say nothing came close to it if you’re into clarity and quality. Name itself is an icon in professional sound system. Basta professional series iba talaga ang quality. If you’re metikuloso about sound quality…. Sulit yan at investment pa.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    for me, it's not worth for its price. overprice ito masyado. you can get a better deal sa ibang brand at that price. before ito din yung pangarap kung bilhin. buti nalang my friend refer me to this link www.pinoydvd.com for reviews on other speakers. now, i'm happy with my monitor audio bronze series speakers .

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    if you're saving space, ok na rin siguro. pero madami pa mas maganda dyan. i recommend definitive technology (deftec) sa home theaters. for the audiophiles who still listen to vinyls, i like thiels.

8. Join Date
    May 2007

A product with an exacting quality all covet, but few achieve; Its sonic ability which is the aspiration of all other speakers. At $165,000 per system, the Genesis 1.1 is a product people long to own. Few have seen or even heard this loudspeaker, but all who own it wouldn't trade it in for anything else! It is the world's ultimate cost-no-object reference loudspeaker system.
    This is one of the very few speakers in the world that is capable of recreating the size, weight, impact, and listening levels of a live performance with ease. Any passage, no matter how demanding, is reproduced with absolute fidelity. The Genesis 1.1 creates one of the most convincing soundstages in the world, short of being there yourself - be it a large orchestral performance, a rock concert, or a solo unamplified voice.
    For film enthusiasts, the Genesis 1.1 plays with all the delicacy to render the softest whisper to the loudest roar of a dinosaur. The power handling of this loudspeaker is unlimited in a real-world sense.

so go ahead and purchase one for your collection.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    $165,000!!?? i can buy a super high-end stereo system for that....with a maserati quattroporte attached to it.
    Last edited by wren; October 17th, 2007 at 12:02 PM.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    its overpriced. try other speaker brands like infinity, b&w, mission, tannoy. or visit pinoydvd.com. dami kang matutunan dito regarding audio video set up.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Bose speaker... worth it ba?