New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: Are you or your partner willing to take it?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell No!

8 36.36%
  • Yeah baby i'd rock those pills!

11 50.00%
  • I couldn't care less

3 13.64%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    My BG read this article and shared it to me as i was reading it i was like WTF?! Scientists are actually experimenting on a birth control pill for men! Anyhow, are you in favor of a birth control pill for men? For me, A big HELL NO! I want to plant my seeds and populate the planet! :sperm: :naughty2: :bwahaha:

Full Article Linky
    Birth control pills for guys could be reality soon
    Two kinds of oral contraceptives and a sperm blocker are being developed

With condoms and vasectomies, men take responsibility for a third of contraception in the United States. But health officials would like to see that figure grow.

"Just imagine if they had another non-permanent option," said Elaine Lissner, director of the nonprofit Male Contraception Information Project.

Several promising possibilities — from a male pill to putting a cork in it — are on the horizon, based on presentations today at the second "Future of Male Contraception" conference, held in Seattle and sponsored by the National Institutes of Health, World Health Organization and others.

They include:

* Sperm blocker: Researchers who have been developing the Intra Vas Device are expected to announce test results showing "substantial equivalence to traditional vasectomy methods" in a study of 90 men. The device — a set of removable plugs — blocks sperm in the vas deferens, the tube that's cut in a vasectomy. Further research is needed to find whether fertility returns after the plugs are removed.

* Testosterone-like pill: A drug called "selective androgen receptor modulator," or SARM, is being tested on humans as an osteoporosis and muscle-wasting treatment. It also shows promise as a male pill, researchers said. A similar drug taken orally reduces sperm counts in rabbits.

* Nonhormonal pill: Research shows a non-hormonal compound called CDB-4022 prevents monkey sperm from swimming to their destination. Upon stopping treatment, fertility returned completely in 16 weeks, according to researchers at the University of Pittsburgh. But the safety of the drug still needs to be tested.

"You'll never have all men interested" in new contraceptive methods, Lissner said. "But attitudes have really changed — studies consistently show a majority of men would consider it."

A new survey by the International Male Contraception Coalition found 61 percent of men would pick a nonhormonal drug over other contraceptive choices.

"Some men are quite desperate for better control over their fertility," said Kirsten Thompson, director of the International Male Contraception Coalition. "They're looking for something they can really count on."

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i think certain men should be forced to take it. those that have no business reproducing and polluting the gene pool :evillaugh

3. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    baka mahal naman ito...

at ang side-effect ay ineffective!

4. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    hehe matagal pa yan

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    Pano pag pumalya? e di buhay ang bata?

6. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Mabili yan sa mga gumagawa ng "bawal na pag-ibig".

Mas ok yan siguro kaysa condom.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Hahaha mag-mountain dew na lang ako

8. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Kapitan View Post
    Hahaha mag-mountain dew na lang ako
    Di ba dapat 7-Up?

9. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Mountain dew bro try mo hahahaha! Pag nagka-baby ka ninong ako. Assurance ko yan sayo

10. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    ^^^ Ayos..............bago yan ah.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Birth Control Pill For Men