New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2004
    hindi aabot ang bird flue dito sa pinas. bakit?

eto ang aking SCIENTIFIC theory:

dahil mga migratory birds ang may bird flue, sa layo, init at polusyon dito sa pilipinas, either di sila umabot dito ng paglipad or iwasan na lang tayo. isipin nyo: pag tayong mga tao ang may flue, makakapaglakad/takbo ba tayo ng malayo? pupunta at magpapahinga ba tayo sa mainit at mausok na lugar?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    A friend of mine who owns a large scale chicken farm locally told us na dati pa may bird flu dito, di lang kinakalat balita, yung farm ng katabi nila lost more than 100 chickens a day last year pero di binalita...

Impossible daw wala pa dito.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by theveed
    A friend of mine who owns a large scale chicken farm locally told us na dati pa may bird flu dito, di lang kinakalat balita, yung farm ng katabi nila lost more than 100 chickens a day last year pero di binalita...

Impossible daw wala pa dito.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    kaya pala la gano kumakain sa KFC, Kenny Rogers, chicken Inasal and other chicken-themed restos ngaun

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    "well to give credit to our government..." OWS! talaga? ask ko lang, meron ba contingency measures in place ang phil govt in case it breaks out? sagot: wala. the fact that there has been no bird flu in humans in the philippines yet is due to pure luck, not because of what the government has done or is doing.

chicken farmers in the philippines have known for a long time that to avoid bird flu infesting their flocks (yes, bird flu has come and gone many times to the philippines before, my father used to have a chicken farm) is to keep their chickens quarantined from the outside - no birds, wild or tame, must get near their chicken houses. tinatakpan ng husto yung poultry, binabalot ng plastic or at least old feed sacks so that hindi makakalapit yung birds like maya, sparrows and other chickens. kami nga nuon naglalagay pa kami ng lason para pag may lumapit na ibon o manok na gala yung lason ang kakainin nila. and my father even set up scare crows to frighten birds away when there is an ongoing "peste". nowadays philippine poultry farmers have well built chicken houses, di na napapasok ng ibon so the chances of migratory birds spreading H5N1 is remote. yun nga sa robina farms airconditioned pa e. sa magnolia/san miguel puro contract farming na, built to strict plans ang mga chicken houses so malayo sa "peste".

bird flu is transfered by bird/poultry droppings. the droppings containing the virus dry out and then blows in the wind and gets mixed with the chicken feed, and that gets eaten by healthy birds. humans get infected in the same way. note that almost all victims of H5N1 were poultry workers. that is because they inhale the dried chicken droppings while working in the poultry. or chicken droppings get on the chicken feathers and get airborne when the chickens flap their wings. or while handling eggs that have chicken feces on and then inadvertently ingesting the droppings when they touch their mouth or eat without washing hands.

my 2 tips to you, 1 - buy dressed chicken, don't buy live ones. 2 - wash chicken/quail eggs before putting them in the fridge with gloved hands and wear a mask when doing so. especially if you see chicken feces on the eggs.

OT: speaking of migratory birds, yung "tarat" na nakikita nyo this season is migratory. it's from china. i mentioned it here because that is the only migratory bird that comes to metro manila. sorry i do not know the english name of the bird "tarat". maingay yun, kaya nga tarat ang name kasi tarat ng tarat. breast feathers is yellowish or yellow-green and 2x the size of the white cheek sparrows native to the philippines.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    crap, ive been eating lotsa chicken these past few days...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    me too. i'm in indonesia and meron bird flu dito. i ate chicken last night and again lunch today. i also ate fried egg. if it's cooked it's safe. the danger is inhaling or ingesting chicken poop because that is where the virus is.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yebo, ask ko lang, will it be safer buying chicken eggs from groceries like SM and Robinson's? siguradong wala na kasing chicken poop yun, unlike sa palengke.

and ako rin, almost everyday meron chicken in one of our meals.
    Signature

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    may chicken poop pa din. wife and i just bought sa sm supersale last week before i went back here to work, i washed the eggs kasi may stain (actually we always do even before bird flu). thing is it comes in plastic containers so pwede mo basain before you handle it, so less chances of dried chicken poop going airborne and you inhaling it.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pero hindi ba agad namamatay ang virus once it gets out of the body of the infected chicken? diba yung SARS, parang about 3ft. away palang yung virus, e patay na at hindi na nakakahawa?
    Signature

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
BIRD FLU: H5N1 virus [MERGED]